Yaesu: FT-65R Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a new FT-65r and looking for software, I know that the radio doesn't come with the needed programing cable and I'll have to buy that separately. Are there other options other than the ADMS software? Thanks.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
RTSytems is what I use. It's worked perfectly for me for the last couple of years. I love my little Ft-65R! It's simple and just works.

I read alot of positive reviews of the FT-65r and wanted a good reliable handheld when I get my license, and for the price was good.

K4EET

Chaplain
I read alot of positive reviews of the FT-65r and wanted a good reliable handheld when I get my license, and for the price was good.
Likewise, in all probability, you will also read a lot of positive reviews about the RT Systems Programmer Software. It is very versatile over the Yaesu programmer software. You will be glad that you spent a few extra bucks for this software to program the Yaesu FT-65R HT.

73, Dave K4EET

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I have several versions of RT Systems software and they're all great. It's intuitive. You can print out the information and it's easy to use. They might even have the cable you need.

K6GBW

If you're running Windows 10 you probably won't need any drivers. Mine just worked. Be warned, that when you run the software and try to read the radio you may be a pop up saying it can't find the comm port. Don't worry, this is normal. Just go to settings and you'll see the comm ports listed. Make sure it's highlighted and then try and read again and it should work fine. For some unknown reason you have to do this every time you open the software as it doesn't retain the setting.

Make sure you read the radio and save the code plug before you do any editing. This way, if you screw something up, you always have a code plug to go back to. I same all my code plugs going back six months in case I need to roll it back for some reason.

I love the FT-65R as a daily radio. It's got great sensitivity and the transmit audio is nice and clean. I like that the radio also only shows one band at a time. I know many people want two bands at a time (dual-watch) but I actually don't like that. I have a hard enough time listening to one frequency and paying attention, I don't need two! The radio also has the ability to create multiple zones (Yaesu calls them bands). Very convenient if you want to create frequency lists for different areas. I have one for Los Angeles, Ventura, Las Vegas and Colorado since I travel a lot.

Make sure you download the "Advanced" manual from Yaesu so you can learn all the cool settings and features.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I purchased the RT Systems software and cable, package deal for $55. They just sent the serial # for the download, now I can start playing with the software before the radio arrives. Next need to study for the test. Thanks to all who responded!

W5GX

I have an FT-4XR, which is similar. I used the Yeasu program, as referred by KA3JJZ. Had a home brew cable with the CP2102 USB-TTL adapter. It... works. The Yaesu program is not the best. I had better user experience with CHIRP. If you can solder, you can make a cable pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.