Ft-857d

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_strong

I just got a FT-857D radio that I want to hook up to 2 different antennas over one coax line. I want to hook up a 10 Meter dipole and a 2M/70cm J-pole. I have been looking at a Comet CF-530C diplexer to complete this task. Would I have to get two CF-530C one for the radio end of the setup and one for the antenna side of the setup.

73s
David
KC2TJS

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Yes, for that application, you'd need two, since the hf antenna jack is separate from the 2m/70cm antenna jack. In fact, here's a diagram that shows that very application:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/2998diag.jpg

Really, though, you'd be better off just making two coax runs. And it might even be cheaper, depending.

How do you like your 857D? I just bought one a week or two ago, and am still in the process of installing it in the car.

d_strong

I can do another coax run for what it cost for one Comet CF-530C so thanks for the input on my question.
I really like the FT-857D I have only had acouple of days so far I think it's a great radio I just have to get use to the menu's. I have been reading the owners manual I have programmed some of the local repeaters with no problems.

73s
David
KC2TJS

APTN

857d

1. I love my 857D. It's lots of fun, although I'm still learning to use SSB on HF. (I only recently became a General.)

2. Let us know how your set up works. I'm considering getting a CF-530 to use with my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.