R30 Ft8 decode with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloux

Hello, I have owned an icom ic-R30 for 1 year but haven't had time to get it to work properly.

Today, I would like to decode FT8 on the amateur radio bands but I cannot transfer the sound from the receiver to the PC.
Someone can help me ? DO I need an audio cable or is the USB cable sufficient?

Thx for help

Stephane

kinglou0

Yes, you need an audio cable to carry the audio to your computer.

USB is only used for charging, writing to the unit/SD card, and controlling the receiver with specific software.

I imagine you could also get audio to your computer via Bluetooth but why complicate things?

Gloux

Thanks for your help. i tried using bluetooth but i can't connect the devices, always on error . I tried to connect the audio directly with a cable but I will have to do an isolation because it generates qrm.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From what little I understand of this, you will also need to calibrate your PC's clock to an exact standard for FT8 decoding to work. I'm sure someone will jump in on this....Mike

Gloux

From what little I understand of this, you will also need to calibrate your PC's clock to an exact standard for FT8 decoding to work. I'm sure someone will jump in on this....Mike
Yes, time is very important to decode s FT8, JS8, etc ... messages

STe

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Since I own an R30 here is what works for me.

First, I'm sitting outside with my laptop and I'm using the stock antenna on the R30.

I started by installing the R30 driver that can be downloaded here Driver

You need two cables to make this work. An audio cable between the audio out connector on the R30 and the audio connector on the laptop/computer

The second cable is between the USB connector on the R30 and the USB connector on the laptop. No special USB cable needed.

You then need to configure the USB settings on the R30. There are to settings to configure (don't know why the pictures are sideways)
R30 Config 1.jpg

R30 Config 1.jpg

Then you need to configure WSJTX

WSJTX CONG 1.PNG

Here are the results on 20 meter

WSJTX reception 3.PNG

Hope it helps

Attachments

• WSJTX Config 2.PNG
    WSJTX Config 2.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 30
Status