Futronics UHF Connect Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Shawn, what do you think about 182-97 ? Chester / ELO area? Washington PA area? Although mule said he can't pick it up 3 mi away from the suspected Washington PA location. I've always suspected it to be on the Chester water tower, simply because Hancock Co Schools had been heard on it quite a bit and historically Hancock Co Schools has/had their own license with locations on the Lauttamus Weirton tower and the Chester water tower. And to me that would more logically cover N/S Hancock Co -- which was needed for Hancock Co Schools and New Cumberland Ambulance. Of course I don't even know if Hancock Co Schools or New Cumberland Ambulance are on it now. They may have just been testing.
I'll see if I can nail that down next time I have a chance to cruise around. I don't have a big signal from it so I'm not sure that's it.

redbeard

Database Admin
Rgr that. Yeah I would expect you have a pretty decent signal on Chester if it were truly Chester.
It is a slightly lower signal than I get from the Weirton site and about equal to the Weirton TCX site. I get a better signal than all 3 from the Pittsburgh site and the Freedom one is the best so far.

Voyager

Ok I went for a ride last night. Couldn't get all the way up to the site due to snow but pretty close. On my 436 I had 3 bars with the antenna off, full with it on obviously. It's in Freedom, Tower Ln. off Cycle Dr.

I knew you would come through. Looks like my estimate was dead on.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
From East Rochester, pointed SE towards Washington (and straight through Weirton), 454.300 (Triconnex Weirton), 454.35 (Lauttamus Weirton) and 454.525 (Lauttamus whoknowswhere) are all 30 db. SE is best direction for 454.300 / 454.35.

A few notches north of SE to due East is the best for 454.525, from East Rochester.

So I'm really believing 454.525 is on the Chester water tower, or across the river on an East Liverpool tower.

redbeard

Database Admin
So I'm really believing 454.525 is on the Chester water tower, or across the river on an East Liverpool tower.

I'd guess over on the Ohio side maybe shadowed by a hill from me somewhat. I have DSD+ parked on it right now and noticing signal fluctuations down low enough to stop decoding. I have FMP24 at full gain too.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
454.525 has to be up north cause i don't get anything down my way but i do get 454.3500 in weirton and have heard Hancock Co. Schools so far on it

Voyager

I just positively confirmed LCN2 of Site 98 as 454.200. (it was not easy with a control channel 6.25 kHz below it)

That makes sites 98 and 99 fully documented.

I will work on 454.525 next, but so far I can't find anyplace I can hear it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Lauttamus already has 454.200 in use (and pretty stout signal too) as an analog channel for a taxi company serving East Liverpool-Chester area.

I guess they could be re-using 454.200, 10 miles away, since one is DMR and one is analog. But I have never ever seen DMR traffic on 454.200. Hmm, I take that back -- hearing a DMR signal periodically (and weak, just like site 98) as of about 5 minutes ago. Nice find, Joe.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Joe,

Have you picked up Hancock Co Schools at all recently? Or New Cumberland Ambulance? I don't know if you'd hear much of either one on the sites that you might commonly monitor of Lauttamus. We heard them both late last year, but I haven't had a chance to listen and find out if they are still on. I always suspected they could have been trying-before-they-buy.

Voyager

I haven't been monitoring audio so far. I've only been watching the data. Analysis of TGs will happen after I get what site info I can get.

But 454.200 is positively confirmed, as it's perfectly in sync with grants for slots 3/4 AND 454.200 is putting out Site info as 182-98. As there are only two LCNs and we know LCN 1 is 454.050, that means 454.200 must be LCN 2.

So I call that completely confirmed.

Maybe they are moving the taxi over to the DMR system.

BTW, I picked up nothing yesterday, so maybe none of the units were affiliated to Site 98. Lots on there today including a little TG 350006 (which I believe is HCSD). So I haven't heard them, but I've seen them. Also very preliminary intel looks like their bus numbers are matching the RID minus 300100 (RID 3002xx is bus 1xx). Like I said - VERY preliminary based on what I heard decoding through the PC speakers. I would not post this as verified at all yet.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I think I already have Hancock Co Schools in the DB based upon my own confirmation. I just wanted to see if you or anyone else had confirmed them. I had already updated Site 98 after your post / before you replied. I'm not doubting your find. I'm just wondering why the hell Lauttamus is continuing to run the Analog taxi (which is very active, and 10 mi from site 98 max).

I had caught New Cumberland Ambulance and Hancock Co Schools. Somebody else had caught the other talkgroup listed in the DB and/or Wiki -- somebody over in Pittsburgh who is on these forums.

Voyager

I will be working on the TGs. It looks like I won't be able to hear sites 96/97. I put together a crude map of locations. 96/97 are suspected but I believe you will be right - especially for the purposes/resolution of the map. The blue sites I've actually heard on the air.

Site 31 is listed as Cleveland. I wonder if that is accurate since it's a neighbor of the red sites and site 23 and 32 are not. Before I noticed "Cleveland" in the network map, I was thinking it might be Youngstown/Ravenna/Canton in descending order of likelihood. But if there is evidence for Cleveland, so be it.

Attachments

• FutronicsMap.jpg
    FutronicsMap.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 27

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I think I already have Hancock Co Schools in the DB based upon my own confirmation. I just wanted to see if you or anyone else had confirmed them. I had already updated Site 98 after your post / before you replied. I'm not doubting your find. I'm just wondering why the hell Lauttamus is continuing to run the Analog taxi (which is very active, and 10 mi from site 98 max).

I had caught New Cumberland Ambulance and Hancock Co Schools. Somebody else had caught the other talkgroup listed in the DB and/or Wiki -- somebody over in Pittsburgh who is on these forums.
I have also heard Hancock Co Schools on site 96/Weirton. Yes mike, you are correct on confirming that.

redbeard

Database Admin
I think the shuttle buses for the workers at the new Shell plant are on the system now. I have been hearing lots of activity about picking up at the red lot or yellow lot and dropping at the keyhole. Some 80+ radio IDs have been active according to DSD+. TG 350030 on the Freedom site.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I think the shuttle buses for the workers at the new Shell plant are on the system now. I have been hearing lots of activity about picking up at the red lot or yellow lot and dropping at the keyhole. Some 80+ radio IDs have been active according to DSD+. TG 350030 on the Freedom site.

Cool. Always nice to see new activity!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FCC Construction Notification suggests Wakeman OH (Huron) site may be online, or coming line soon.

41.19227, -82.42941
WPMT317
Wakeman OH (Huron)
1981 Fitchville River Rd
(site is at Sunrise Cooperative / Clarksville Grain)

(+ possibly 454 mhz paging freqs)

Status
Not open for further replies.