• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 with PPS software adding TalkGroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
318
Reaction score
45
Location
Kernersville, NC
I added 4 TG to a P25 trunking system, they show there in TGID List (59 TG) with all same options as other TG. But when I go to Zone and Channel Setting screen, click a knob position, and go to TG list, they do not show in the Available list so I cannot add them to the Talk Group list with the other 54 talk groups already selected. I have 1 more TG showing as available which accounts for all 55 talk groups before I added the 4. What have I missed? PPS is V0.4.0 Beta32 which has worked fine so far.

I have also imported these 4 from Radio Reference into a new System, all works fine with the same settings.
 

radionut44

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
318
Reaction score
45
Location
Kernersville, NC
They were added in the the P25 system.The Talk group count went from 55 to 59, they show in the Tgid list for the system, but when I double click to go to knob 1 for that system, there is 1 TG in the available list and 54 in the non-priority list, the 4 TG I added are not shown.
TG added are Golf 1-4
image.pngimage.pngimage (1).png
 

jtwalker

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2012
Messages
2,822
Reaction score
3,137
Location
BEE00.1E8-1.22 (or) BEE00.689-1.13
I can’t tell from your screen shot whether you entered the 4 TGs in C1 or E2. Can you clarify?

If done in C1 the changes won’t automatically show up in E2 unless you re-import from public resources.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top