Gan Fire Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyj77

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockville
I heard there is a repeater in GANANOQUE area for fire, anyone know the frequencie?
 

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Moderator
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
9,102
Reaction score
2,701
Location
I'm here a lot
That's Kingston Fire East Dispatch.

It may well be, but it was in a listing I had for Leeds & Grenville.

And it is listed as a town freq. in TAFL


Code:
[LIST]
[*]153.860000   153.860000 GANANOQUE, ONT.
[*]153.860000   153.860000 GANANOQUE, ONT. TOWNSHIP OF LEEDS AND THE THOUSAND ISLANDS
[/LIST]
 
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
Location
SOUTH EASTERN ONTARIO ISH
I rember a long time ago that leeds and 1000 islands fire was using a glenayr repeater on the lynhurst tower .It was posted but it disapeared awhile ago. they called it channel "5" and "6" (repeater and talkaround
 

Jammin_Jay

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
718
Reaction score
4
It was to be able to communicate with Pittsburg township of frontenac county, which is now Kingston East, almagamated as the city of Kingston. Since Gananoque has some mutual calls and is so close to the County line with Frontenac. They could communicate on that frequency. I dont know if its still active. I know they have used FMO before as a secondary for seperate fire calls, one on the county wide 154.430, and the other on FMO.

What's really interesting was hearing a border call from an island on fire in the 1000 islands, and there was a fireboat from the ontario side, and one from NY state side, in jefferson county. So i would have the 2 fire frequencies on the go. And lots of phone to radio communications, because of the 2 seperate country agencies involved. The problem was trying to determine which country the island was on, for who to take lead juristiction. It happen to be just North in Canadian waters, but both were dispatched before it was known. It happen to be a cottage on fire.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top