Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the Gaston PD and Fire TGIDS are? Or is police just with the Sheriff and Fire on Fire Disp/ Ops Channels?

radiotweester

Gaston PD no longer exists.Police service is done by Washington Co Sheriff's Office
Dispatch TG 64048

Gaston Fire is Station # 11 (Engines 1171, 1172, 1173, C11, R11, ect).
They use the same Dispatch TG 50640 as all WC Fire units and normally respond on typical runs on Ops 32 TG 50576.

I believe they also have Yamhill Co UHF and VHF 154.400 radio on the engines (been a LONG time since I've climbed around one). I have NOT heard either used.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Thats odd, I drive through there alot to get to hillsboro and sometimes I see the Gaston PD car outside the city hall and other times theres a sheriffs car there. And yes I always here 1171 and 1172 on the yamhill county uhf fire channel. Well, not always, but during fires and stuff Gaston is always the one that moves up to Carlton Station 7 or Yamhill Station 4.

mjohnston4

Like stated, Gaston FD runs off the Washington County system. Their typical Ops channel is 32, like the other West end departments. They use the Yamhill Co UHF system when going on calls or moveups with Yamhill Co (usually Yamhill FD or Carlton). But they do cover parts of Yamhill Co as a first in area, so if it is a medical call, either Newberg or McMinnville send an ambulance. The VHF 154.400 (F1) is primarily used by Banks FD prior to the system upgrade when they couldn't get out of the repeater channels. But you dont hear it used much lately.

When listening to SO1, the car that is 5#85 is usually the car that's in Gaston. And Banks usually has 5#75. (Change the # out with whatever shift it may be.)

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Today I drove through Gaston and a different Gaston police car was there, this one was white. I usually see a blue colored car that says Gaston Pd on the side, the one I saw today also said Gaston Pd on its side, there were no Washington county sheriff markings on, and both the white and blue cars were the 1997 crown vics so they are definately on the old side.

Once and a while I will see a washington county sheriff sitting by 47, or off the side of the road. So my question now is, since, as stated, gaston pd no longer exists, does Washington county sheriff just use the old cars ocasionally?

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Today I drove through Gaston and a different Gaston police car was there, this one was white. I usually see a blue colored car that says Gaston Pd on the side, the one I saw today also said Gaston Pd on its side, there were no Washington county sheriff markings on, and both the white and blue cars were the 1997 crown vics so they are definately on the old side.

Once and a while I will see a washington county sheriff sitting by 47, or off the side of the road. So my question now is, since, as stated, gaston pd no longer exists, does Washington county sheriff just use the old cars ocasionally?
This must be the blue car in question?
Photo: Gaston, Oregon | Police Cars of Oregon 3 album | Police Cars of Oregon | Fotki.com

If that's the case, then yes, the SO uses that car for Gaston. The same thing happens out in WIlsonville. They don't have a PD either, but the Clackamas SO deputies drive "Wilsonville PD" cruisers, which looks something like this:
Photo: Wilsonville Police Department. Wilsonville, Oregon | Police Cars of Oregon 3 album | Police Cars of Oregon | Fotki.com

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Yes, thats the blue one that I used to see all the time, but now theres another one with the same markings and such except its white.

And ah. Thats logical, the same situation is happening in Carlton, Ill drive through there, and since Carlton Police is short staffed, Yamhill police officers will drive the Carlton partol vehiles when they are working in the Carlton area.

mjohnston4

I believe the deputy that covers Gaston uses a county SO car, Banks uses a county car and it looks like a normal SO car but says serving the City of Banks on the rear panel with their city logo. I'm assuming the car you are seeing was left over from when Gaston still had a police department and they use it from time to time to slow drivers down. The last few times I've driven through Gaston, there has been a deputy in the town.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I believe the deputy that covers Gaston uses a county SO car, Banks uses a county car and it looks like a normal SO car but says serving the City of Banks on the rear panel with their city logo. I'm assuming the car you are seeing was left over from when Gaston still had a police department and they use it from time to time to slow drivers down. The last few times I've driven through Gaston, there has been a deputy in the town.

Yeah thats what I thought, today there was a deputy in the city. Perched on the side of the road again, he was in a usual Washington County Sheriff Car.

pdxbofh

The Banks & Gaston "cars" are normal WCSO cars, based out of the main Sheriff's Office in downtown Hillsboro. (With the exception of the day shift banks car, I think she/he actually reports to Banks, and works out of the Banks office)

They usually have 1 car assigned to each city, but they will leave to help out on other calls on in the county.

Also, not ALL 5x8x cars are Gaston, and not ALL 5x7x cars are Banks, they are 7 & 8 district cars that may or may not be assigned to a city. The cities do not have their own "district number" so you can't tell by the unit number if they are assigned to a city or not.

The 8 district is the south-west part of the county, and the 7 district is the north-west, which is why it may sound like they are assigned to the respective cities.

Neither city has a car 'assigned' on graveyard, but the SO still responds to calls using the closet district car.

FYI

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
So their unit id's change when they are working in different places? Or not.

pdxbofh

Yes, I think it's been discussed elsewhere but here is the breakdown:

The first digit is the AGENCY (5xxx = WCSO, 4xxx = Forest Grove, 8xxx= Cornelius etc...)

The second digit is the SHIFT (1-4 - so 51xx is a morning car, 54xx is a graveyard car)

The third digit is the DISTRICT (2-8 for WCSO, so 518x is a morning, 8 district car, 537x is a swing shift 7 district car)

The fourth digit is the individual unit, so you could have 3 cars working the 6 district on swing shift, so you could have 5362, 5363, 5368 - all three are swings (53xx), all three are in the 6 district 5x6x, and the last digit is the individual indicator.

Hope that helps !

Oh, and if the third digit is a "0" it's a sgt, if it's a "1" its a Corporal - there is no 1 district in WCSO.

These rules apply to the SO only, the other agencies may do thing differently

mjohnston4

Actually Gaston and Banks have their own numbers. Gaston is 5x85 (technically in the West 8 District) and Banks is 5x75 (technically in the West 7 District). They just have different numbers depending on the shift. They also have a "quarters" in each city and it's at the city halls for each. I think they use the same offices as the cops did that worked when they had city departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.