Global News -- questions about "TMR2" or public safety radio system in Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

brihill9

Hi there,

I'm a journalist with Global News. I'm working on a story about RCMP radio communications during the manhunt for the Nova Scotia gunman last April.

I'm hoping to speak with someone with technical knowledge of the TMR2 radio system in the province. Specifically, I'm hoping someone might have knowledge of radio coverage in the Lower Onslow area of Nova Scotia.

As some of you folks may be aware, there was a report released this week by the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT) that talked at length about radio communication failures during the search for the gunman. I'm hoping to discuss this portion of the report as it relates to the operation fo the radio network.

Please feel free to reach out to me by email anytime: brian.hill@globalnews.ca

Thanks very much,

Brian

_DeS_

I’m sure if you contacted the fine folks at the Nova Scotia Office of Public Safety and Field Communications, they would gladly speak to you regarding the technicalities of the system they manage.

There are many members here with a vast amount of knowledge regarding what you are asking and not to take anything from them but due to nature of the story you are covering and no doubt eventually publishing, good journalism would dictate contacting the PSFC Office.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I’m sure if you contacted the fine folks at the Nova Scotia Office of Public Safety and Field Communications, they would gladly speak to you regarding the technicalities of the system they manage.

@brihill9 Exactly what Des has said. There are many people here who have plenty of technical knowledge on the system, myself included. However in this case it may be best to question those who directly manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.