GNU-Radio Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Ways to install GNU Radio¶
There are two ways to install GNU Radio: either by using pre-compiled binary packages, or manually compiling it from source. Most Linux distributions provide binary packages through their regular repositories, and this is generally the easiest and fastest way to get a running system.

Will that help?

Thanks but no not really. I tryed to follow the instructions.
(((The build-gnuradio is an install script for recent Fedora and Ubuntu systems provided by Marcus Leech.

It downloads and installs all dependencies, downloads both UHD and GNU Radio from git (which means it will automatically install the latest version from the 'main' branch), runs the make process and installs it on your system. In most cases, simply running the script will do all you need to get a running GNU Radio system built from source. Also, you still have all the source code lying on your hard disk and therefore available for future modifications. It combines the flexibility of installing from source with the ease of using binaries and is recommended for most users of Ubuntu and Fedora.

Download the script from http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio. Save it wherever you want the GNU Radio source code to be copied to (or copy it somewhere into your $PATH). You might have to give it executable permissions by running

$ chmod a+x build-gnuradio

Then, simply call the script by

$ ./build-gnuradio

That's it!

Thanks to Marcus Leech for putting this together and hosting it.)))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pasted the code into gedit then saved into my home folder. then right click on the file properties. On the permissions tab i ticked the box(allow excuting the file as a program) then closed. I double click the file and get a box do i want to (run in terminal) after that i see the terminal window (This script will install gnu from the current git sources) after i answer yes to the questions and then enter my sudo password. and when i het enter the terminal window closes. Is it running in the background??

Sorry for the long post

surfsup28

Gnu Radio/ installation of

Hey guys....just started getting into linux and wish to install and run GNUradio...but holy crap its more difficult than i thought to get running..

I have followed most of the installation guides here and other places..but unfortunately but i don't know how to get it running after it apparently installs. (umm to somewhere)...i have all the folders on my desktop but just cant get to run.

Does anyone know of where i could find a step by step instruction newbie guide...cos gnu and linux talk in riddels.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.