• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Going to brag a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Happened across a 10 minute old post on Facebook Marketplace today. Guy about 20 miles from me pulled all his 11 meter stuff out of storage in his father's garage and wanted $150 for it. I kinda scored... 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20170115_1431591~4.jpg
    IMG_20170115_1431591~4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 839

TheSpaceMann

Happened across a 10 minute old post on Facebook Marketplace today. Guy about 20 miles from me pulled all his 11 meter stuff out of storage in his father's garage and wanted $150 for it. I kinda scored... 😁
Nice! Is the stuff in working condition? ;)

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I haven't touched any of the amps, and I don't think I'm going to, but all the radios work. They could all use some cleaning, especially the pots and switches.

bharvey2

I'm not a CB guy but at least from a nostalgia point of view, it looks like you ran across a great find.

KD0PEZ

You can never tell! Check the prices on ebay, and see what similar stuff is going for.

That's what I do. I'll check the sold listings to see what it went for. Looking at the pics I know what someone of the gear has gone for based off recent past experiences. The others not so much.

Delta33

I haven't touched any of the amps, and I don't think I'm going to, but all the radios work. They could all use some cleaning, especially the pots and switches.

The Amplifiers alone, are worth far more than $150 :) Sell to some ham operators for use on 10 meter SSB

bassman21

I like those Washington base radios. I used to own one of those swinger tube amps. I was going to buy new tubes for it, but my parents sold it along with a bunch of my other stuff without my permission at a garage sale before they moved. They are good little modulator amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.