• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Good HF Antenna?

That would have been in Richardson, TX, a couple of miles down the road from my Texas ham station..

There used to be such a "farm" owned by Collins/TI (Don't remember) east of highway 75 north of Dallas...very large open space with a number of different types of antennas. The only place I ever saw a log-periodic HF multielement beam!
There'ya go, more than you ever wanted to know...

For what it's worth, worrying about so-called NVIS antennas is a waste of time. Almost every wire antenna I have ever had falls in that NVIS category. That has not stopped me from doing several awards, WAS, WAC, and few non-ARRL awards requiring far off station contacts.
The one wire antenna that was the exception to that NVIS thing was a temporary one with the feed point about 50 feet high and the ends something like 20 feet up. That was at work, was moved to a different station so had to come down.