good scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

does anyone have any good suggestions or ideas for me
i am thinking of buying another scanner, and right now i own a pro 95 from radioshack
i might buy a uniden also, so im just asking for any ideas on good ones

dangitdoug

You really need to decide what you want to listen to first. There are so many scanners out there with many capabilities it is impossible to just pick one and say "This is it"

Doug K

RocketNJ

Knowing the area where you live and the agencies you want to scan will help us to recommend a good scanner.

I've got both the Uniden 396 and 996 but I listen to a mixed mode trunked system.

landonjensen

well mostly since i live in arcadia / monrovia area, i usually just listen to thier police anf fire depts. Other areas also, but usually arcadia monrovia.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BR330T would give you some capabilities you don't have now w/o making the jump to digital. Extended receive (.1 MHz - 1.3 GHz), more channels, dynamic memory, plus all of the available analog trunking options.

Premium Subscriber
I agree with UPMAN the BR330T is the way to go. Best scanner I've owned hands down.

wjf

UPMan said:
BR330T would give you some capabilities you don't have now w/o making the jump to digital. Extended receive (.1 MHz - 1.3 GHz), more channels, dynamic memory, plus all of the available analog trunking options.

But people move, and agencies u/g their systems - I hold that the 396 is the best scanner out there. Besides, it has a cool blue screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.