Goodyear PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1VINCE

HI guys-
can any of you locals help me with this? Im from california, but im here in arizona for an extended business trip. im staying here in Goodyear. For some reason, i cant hear anything from the Goodyear PD. According to the database, GYPD has 2 frequencies in the 800Mhz band, a dispatch channel and a secondary channel. Ive been here since the 9th of June and havent heard a peep out of these 2 channels. I even had an opportunity to use CloseCall on my br330t standing right next to 2 GYPD units in front of the job i was running while they were checkin out a homeless guy that they got a call on and was unable to catch anything within a span of 15min. I then had another op to use close call as i had to go to the city community development center which is located right next to the PD station here on VanBuren rd and again was unable to get a hit.
Ive also tried to use ID Search on the Maricopa Co trunk system. to see if its there but i havent been able to get anything outside of whats listed in database.

what am i missing?

thanks in advance for any help!

cratliff

I looked in my lists that I keep on my scanner and I only have those 2 freq's that you mentioned. However, I live way on the other side of Phoenix so I havent even tried to pick it up. Glendale, which isnt too far from Goodear has a bunch going on normally. I know it isnt exactly the same but is still close by and you'd actually hear some action?

Drumnjim

I have used the frequencies that I got off of this website and have heard traffic recently. Depends on what scanner you are using I believe they are digital.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After reading about your issue, I decided to unlock Goodyear in my scanner tonight. My scanner is receiving without an issue.

After hearing my scanner receiving Goodyear, I decided to look at the RR DB to see what frequencies are listed. The 2 frequencies that are listed are used by Goodyear, but are not used very often. They are also labeled incorrectly.

Here are the correct freqs:

856.9625 = Ch. 1 (2 direct) = Operations
855.9625 = Ch. 3 (4 direct) = Car to Car
866.0125 = Ch. 5 (6 direct) = ITAC1 Interagency
855.4875 = Ch. 7 (8 direct) = Alternate
857.9125 = Ch. 9 (10 direct) = Alternate
855.4875 = Ch. 15 (16 direct) = Alternate

These are all analog. I will submit an update to the DB.

Cheers,

Joe

cratliff

thank you for that!(Although I am not the original poster.ha ha) I put it in my scanner database even though I probably wont be able to hear much from my location in town. Are there any CTCSS or DCS tones that accompany the frequencies that you provided? One last question: Where did you get the freq's? The SW Frequency Directory?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I apologize to Dan and company for not citing my source. Yes, these are from the Southwest frequency directory. http://www.scannerstuff.com/swfd.htm

I do not monitor Goodyear that much, but I have heard Channels 1, 3, 7, and 15 used in the past. I also made an update as channel number for 857.9125 was incorrect on my last post.

856.9625 103.5 PL= Ch. 1 (2 direct) = Operations
855.9625 103.5 PL= Ch. 3 (4 direct) = Car to Car
866.0125 156.7 PL= Ch. 5 (6 direct) = ITAC1 Interagency
855.4875 116 DPL = Ch. 7 (8 direct) = Alternate
857.9125 unknown= Ch. 11 (12 direct) = Alternate
855.4875 127.3 PL= Ch. 15 (16 direct) = Alternate

Cheers,

Joe

elephant

After reading about your issue, I decided to unlock Goodyear in my scanner tonight. My scanner is receiving without an issue.

After hearing my scanner receiving Goodyear, I decided to look at the RR DB to see what frequencies are listed. The 2 frequencies that are listed are used by Goodyear, but are not used very often. They are also labeled incorrectly.

Here are the correct freqs:

856.9625 = Ch. 1 (2 direct) = Operations
855.9625 = Ch. 3 (4 direct) = Car to Car
866.0125 = Ch. 5 (6 direct) = ITAC1 Interagency
855.4875 = Ch. 7 (8 direct) = Alternate
857.9125 = Ch. 9 (10 direct) = Alternate
855.4875 = Ch. 15 (16 direct) = Alternate

These are all analog. I will submit an update to the DB.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe, I don't mean to sound critical, and your input to updates is always a big plus to all of us, but I noticed on the update in the DB, the frequency of 855.4875 is listed three times, each entry being listed as a different channel. Was this a typo? I tried to verify in my SW Frequency Directory, but it's a little out of date (old copy). Can you double check this? As always, much thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.