Grand Rapids Questions/Comments

Brettame5

Premium Subscriber
1. With the switch to automated dispatch by GRFD and the new paging talkgroup being added I haven't heard anything on the other traditional station alert talkgroups. Are these talk groups no longer being used?

2. 41GRFD754 has the description tag of "Fire Ops 3" but doesn't have a corresponding alpha tag to it nor is there an Ops 1 or Ops 2

3. I have a family member thats apart of one of the fire departments in kent county. In his radio the GRINT channels do not have the typical prefix of 41. Its Just GRINT1, GRINT2, etc. It would make sense to have the 41 prefix but a lot of radio channels don't. I'm wondering if it was just put that way for clarity in the database, it was submitted with that, or it was a mistake

ScanKent

Premium Subscriber
1. With the switch to automated dispatch by GRFD and the new paging talkgroup being added I haven't heard anything on the other traditional station alert talkgroups. Are these talk groups no longer being used?

2. 41GRFD754 has the description tag of "Fire Ops 3" but doesn't have a corresponding alpha tag to it nor is there an Ops 1 or Ops 2

3. I have a family member thats apart of one of the fire departments in kent county. In his radio the GRINT channels do not have the typical prefix of 41. Its Just GRINT1, GRINT2, etc. It would make sense to have the 41 prefix but a lot of radio channels don't. I'm wondering if it was just put that way for clarity in the database, it was submitted with that, or it was a mistake
They are dispatched via network now using the Phoenix G2 system. The "paging" channel is just the voice announcement from that system. I assume the other paging talkgroups will be for backup.

I believe the talkgroup in the second question is another training channel but not 100% sure. I'm not sure where Fire Ops 3 came from but it's definitely not GRFD channel 3 as that is correct in the DB.

All Grand Rapids City talkgroups start with GR and do not use 41. The GR is the "county number".

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I made the "41" changes to Grand Rapids. Let me know if its all correct or not.
Its not too clear here as to the " it's definitely not GRFD channel 3 as that is correct in the DB."
What alpha/description is it then?

Also any others for Alpha/Descriptions need to be updated?

ScanKent

Premium Subscriber
13750 is for sure GRFD Ch 3. I'm not 100% sure about 13754 but I think it's related to Training as I thought they had two of those channels and the other is next to it. The only other thing you may want to change for GR is the old/backup paging talkgroups and put the GR first, then the PG as that would more closely match what the state uses for those types of talkgroups.

Here are some other updates for Kent Co.
23491 tag should be 41PGRKM - description is good.
13643 is now 41PGRKF - description is good.

3329 is 41EMER.
23197 is definitely not 41EMER. I don't know what it is. I've only seen it once patched to a fireground. Last year.

The MED alpha tags are accurate, just the description change to the new hospital names.
13288 is now Corewell Health Blodgett ER
13289 is now Corewell Health Butterworth ER
13290 is now Corewell Health Devos Childrens ER
13291 - no change
13292 is now Trinity Health ER - Downtown
13293 is now Trinity Health ER - Byron Center
13294 is now Trinity Health ER - Rockford

13652 and 13655 need to swap the streets in the descriptions. They renumbered their fire stations.
13652 41PGWY1 Wyoming 36th St Station 1 Paging
13655 41PGWY4 Wyoming Burton St Station 4 Paging