GRE prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have, It's a great company!! Got a great deal on my 500 also, and the tech support and help center is #1, Fast quick responses and do their best to help you! I rate them # 1.

CStarr59

I wish I knew about them a week ago. I purchased from another retailer online that had a good price, but that was all they had. It's always nice to know that customer service goes hand in hand with the sale. I will be looking for a psr-400 in the near future and I will give them a try.

T5j6p9

That company is a little shaky on the ratings, out of 25, the average is 2.8/5 since half of the people loved them and the other half hated them due to things such as bad shipping, bad products, and bad customer service. I have never delt with them myself, but i would give it a lot of thought before you do.

KC9NEG

I think it's a much better investment in the future of our radio hobby to deal with reputable, established dealers instead of looking to save a couple of bucks at purchase time... JMHO. I like picking up the phone and hearing a voice on the other end I've been hearing for 20 years (like Glenn (retired) at Scanners Unlimited or Jeff at Ham Station).

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

steveh552

I tend to pay a few more bucks and buy locally if I can. I am impatient and do not want to wait for shipping, and the worry about being home for the UPS/FED-EX guy.

High_Speed

I have dealt with these guys before. Bought a Stryker 440HP from Radioactive radios a couple years ago. Superb customer service, and great prices. They now have a sister company, www.theradiocompany.com. I just ordered a GRE PSR100 from them for $89, $7.95 UPS ground shipping. They have all the other GRE scanners too (PSR-300 for $159 and PSR-500 for $414). Check them out.

MGBGTRacer

I just bought my 600 from ScannerMaster.com I didn't notice anyone mentioning them here before, but I got it in one day. Not the cheapest place online, but they had the other accessories I wanted and it was easiest to order it all from one place. I'm happy!

qlajlu

Silent Key
Ham Radio Outlet is listed on GRE's Web site as an authorized dealer and they have 12 locations throughout the US (click on the Contact button for locations). They also are advertising "Free UPS ground delivery in Continental USA for most orders over $100." They are listing both the PSR-500 & 600 at $499.99 and both are in stock right now.

Thayne

I bought a Uniden from SBH last year, never could communicate with them on the phone, charged my card before shipping, had to dispute the charge, then they sent it.

bezking

I tend to pay a few more bucks and buy locally if I can. I am impatient and do not want to wait for shipping, and the worry about being home for the UPS/FED-EX guy.

+1 - It's too bad the only source for this stuff around here is ratshack...

CStarr59

I have dealt with these guys before. Bought a Stryker 440HP from Radioactive radios a couple years ago. Superb customer service, and great prices. They now have a sister company, www.theradiocompany.com. I just ordered a GRE PSR100 from them for $89, $7.95 UPS ground shipping. They have all the other GRE scanners too (PSR-300 for $159 and PSR-500 for $414). Check them out.

They have great prices...! $414 for a psr-500, that is the best price I have seen yet. If they have customer service to go along with it...WOW

High_Speed

TheRadioCompany.com

They have great prices...! $414 for a psr-500, that is the best price I have seen yet. If they have customer service to go along with it...WOW

Like I said, I've dealt with Mike at Radioactive radios before. He's a great guy to deal with. I think they bought out TheRadioCompany. But anyway, I think they would about rather you call and talk to them in person rather than taking just random orders online from strangers. My experience with him has been great. You guys should give him a call. Tell him Kenny from Kentucky sent ya. ;)

EDIT:
Placed my order on the phone Monday afternoon with Mike. Scanner arrived this morning on the UPS truck. They are in Arizona, I'm in Kentucky. So to sum up, same day shipping for $7.95 on any items. It was packaged very good too.

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Like I said, I've dealt with Mike at Radioactive radios before. He's a great guy to deal with. I think they bought out TheRadioCompany. But anyway, I think they would about rather you call and talk to them in person rather than taking just random orders online from strangers. My experience with him has been great. You guys should give him a call. Tell him Kenny from Kentucky sent ya. ;)

EDIT:
Placed my order on the phone Monday afternoon with Mike. Scanner arrived this morning on the UPS truck. They are in Arizona, I'm in Kentucky. So to sum up, same day shipping for $7.95 on any items. It was packaged very good too.
I just finished talking to Mike (the owner) at TheRadioCompany.com and the PSR-600 just went on backorder until Aug. 7. He said they just started distributing GRE scanners and sold out very quickly on the PSR-600, but he expects the price to stay the same at $424.95 + $7.95 ground shipping. He said he does have the PSR-500 in stock at $414.95. Although I have not bought from them before, I have been aware of their website for over a year.

Dave

cbro298

Good Prices

Is the 414.00 price for the PSR-500 onthe radiocompany.com legit or is there a catch.I am thinking about getting it now instead of later.Do you think it could come down more.That price they have now is a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.