Great prices on GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

grodgers

As a retailer, you have to go back to the old adage:

Price/Service/Quality - Pick any two.

They're giving you a quality product at a bargain basement price - you expect customer service too?

Some rules never change!

CStarr59

Yes, and since it's GRE the quality is there. But I will never deal with scanner-direct again. They seem very shady. I just hope everyone who placed an order receives their merchaindise. If the person who runs this business would just answer the phone i'm sure he would get a lot more sales, especially with their prices.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I was notified that my scanner was shipped and should have it around wed at which time when i do receive the scanner i will apologize,as of now it does appear that scanners-direct is a legit company with no customer service!

SCPD

QRT
Update: Just got an email from them, item has been shipped with a ups tracking number.
They don't answer the phone, they don't answer emails, they have no customer service, but they have fast shipping??? I hope I never have to deal with them again........Period.

Everyone chill, I have a similar problem right now with major sponsor of this site not answering the phone nor returning my emails. You don't see me posting crap calling them out.

I just heard of 4 who ordered scanners from scanner-direct and received them without a hitch. I heard the customer service has been overwheled with calls asking dumb questions like "how come your cheaper...." simialarily with emails.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I think everyone is chilled now,this thread was a great way to learn about scanners-direct.com,bottom line-It is a legit business with the best prices,just doesnt have the customer support it claims to have and i dont think anyone was talking crap about the company,I would like to thank everyone for their comments on this subject.

CStarr59

Everyone chill, I have a similar problem right now with major sponsor of this site not answering the phone nor returning my emails. You don't see me posting crap calling them out.

I just heard of 4 who ordered scanners from scanner-direct and received them without a hitch. I heard the customer service has been overwheled with calls asking dumb questions like "how come your cheaper...." simialarily with emails.

I didn't post crap or call them out. I just posted my personal buying experience with this company. I believe their website is very misleading except their prices. They have no customer service at all and they don't answer phones or emails anytime of the day or night. I have called them over 20 times in the past 3 days and emailed them 5 times. Not one responce was received. And I don't suggest others purchase from them............Just my personal opinion!

beischel

I ordered a PSR-100 to listen to aircraft. Wanted something cheap. I ordered it from them yesterday and received a tracking number today. Regular ground delivery and tracking it on UPS. It says it is supposed to be delivered today. I will let everyone know later today if I received the scanner from them.

Everybody, don't panic. For $439 on GRE scanners, it looks like a great deal.

trido

Premium Subscriber
Just saw this ad at the top of the RR page (Ads by Google) so I clicked on it, and see that the GRE PSR500 and 600 and being sold for $439 each!

A great price, oh and I am not affiliated with this company at all. Really don't even know who they are but the pricing is great. Has anyone purchase a scanner from them and can possibly comment on their customer service?

http://www.scanners-direct.com/grescanners.aspx

how do you get a 439 price I put 500 in cart says 499 am I doing something wrong at that price we might them

Jakemcgraw

Heres another good seller on e-bay I deal with, They sell GRE and Uniden...Check their price on the Psr-600 buy it now $449.00 + $5.00 ups shipping ,,Also all other currant GRE scanners are below most other places prices...Their ebay seller name is : sillyname48.

Last edited:

beischel

Well sorry to see that the 500 and 600 went up in price. I did order a PSR-100 from them yesterday with standard shipping and today the scanner arrived at my door. Factory fresh radio and fast service. Too bad their pricing is like everyone else's now. When no difference, just pick your favorite store and buy from them.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Heres another good seller on e-bay I deal with, They sell GRE and Uniden...Check their price on the Psr-600 buy it now $449.00 + $5.00 ups shipping ,,Also all other currant GRE scanners are below most other places prices...Their ebay seller name is : sillyname48.
Some things to consider.

Some of the feedback on this ebay seller indicates Uniden would not repair a defective radio under waranty. Seller said he offers his own 1 year warranty. Paypal only offers $200 protetion for this seller.

CStarr59

It seems he just raised the prices on the psr-500 and 600. The psr-100, 200, & 300 are still priced low.
My psr-300 is due to arrive tomorrow. I'm glad everyone who ordered is getting their radio's without a problem.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
They Probably raised the prices after everyone here complained the prices were too low, guess i will get mine fram AES

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
They Probably raised the prices after everyone here complained the prices were too low, guess i will get mine fram AES
My guess is there's more to it than that.

But if the price is the same as everyone else, then there is no special reason to purchase from them unless their customer service is equal to other dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.