Grundig Satellit 750 for under $240?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draw3691

I do live in the near a lot of MW stations, but surprisingly I don't have a lot of trouble with them even on my cheapest radios or radios with a hot front end. I guess I'll keep my options open and see what's out there on the used market. It's not like I actually "need" another radio. ;)

I live in So. Cal. and mere miles from the KNX blowtorch. I put up a 48' longwire home brew antenna and the bleed over is everywhere! What external antenna remedy do you have?

Draw3691

Help Bleedover. UGH!

I'm pretty much in the same boat with you situation-wise. But with opposite results. 50,000 watt KNX is all over my LW and SW bands. I have a 48' longwire home brew. Do you have an external antenna answer?

Draw3691

By the way last week I bought a Grundig Sattelit 750 used only twice and immediately compared FM and MW bands against CCRadio 2e. I'm glad I did because the 750 outperformed the Crane in both bands!

SCPD

QRT
I'm pretty much in the same boat with you situation-wise. But with opposite results. 50,000 watt KNX is all over my LW and SW bands. I have a 48' longwire home brew. Do you have an external antenna answer?

You're overloading the radio's front-end. Your best bet is to purchase a BCB filter.

Here are some models:

Apex Radio HPF2050 High Pass Filter

PAR BCST-HPF High Pass AM Broadcast Filter

Z10023A Elliptic High Pass Filter

I can highly recommend the Clifton filter as it works quite well. I suspect the PAR filter would also work fine. I've never tried the Apex filter but it probably would work OK.

Draw3691

I fixed the problem by relocating my 50' home brew antenna facing a crossed position on the roof. About the radio I have to insert batteries from time to time in order to get volume. All lights and displays will work, but not the volume. Also I'm the only person I know who tried center wires over get this: binder clips for radios that don't have external jacks. Just go to Big Lots for a multi sized pack. Perfect for telescopic antennas. No it won't damage anything. Try it on any radio with a telescoping antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.