Guilford County Sheriff and Greensboro Police Feed Offline

RobsImpSS

Not sure where to post this question but does anyone know why the Guilford County Sheriff and Greensboro Police Dispatch feed has been offline for the past week or two? Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure where to post this question but does anyone know why the Guilford County Sheriff and Greensboro Police Dispatch feed has been offline for the past week or two? Thanks in advance.

Please keep in mind, feeds are offered by volunteers and not required to continue feeds. There could be any number of reasons from health issues, equipment failure, holiday vacations, or lack of interest. Only the feed provider knows for sure.

RobsImpSS

Please keep in mind, feeds are offered by volunteers and not required to continue feeds. There could be any number of reasons from health issues, equipment failure, holiday vacations, or lack of interest. Only the feed provider knows for sure.
I understand that but was still curious if anyone was aware of any news to the feed.

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
Since that feed has been offline for several weeks, i decided to try my hand at providing a feed. I have setup a feed for the entire Guilford Co system using two SDR's and SDRTrunk.

Its now live on the Broadcastify Calls System if anyone is interested.

Let me know if its working ok or if i need to try to tweek it any

RobsImpSS

What is the name of the feed? I see the Guilford Metro Fire feed, but not anything new that I am aware of.

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
Its under the newer type feeds, that ley you create playlists with your favorite talkgroups and use it more like a real scanner

RobsImpSS

So this feed is not going to be found if you use Nearby button on the Scanner Radio App? Sorry, I'm not versed in talkgroups or anything like that. Just using police scanner apps to find feeds near me.

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
no, it won't be found that way, if you're using it on a phone, the best option is use a web browser and just save it as a favorite so you can find it easier. I decided to use the new broadcastify calls system because it has more flexibility that the old system. I don't know what happened to the person supplying the original stream that you referenced in the beginning of this post

ems902

The Greensboro Police, Guilford EMS and Greensboro/Guilford Co. Fire Ops feeds are provided by Guilford Metro 911. I have contacted them regarding these feeds. Most likely, they will be coming back in the near future.

RobsImpSS

The Greensboro Police, Guilford EMS and Greensboro/Guilford Co. Fire Ops feeds are provided by Guilford Metro 911. I have contacted them regarding these feeds. Most likely, they will be coming back in the near future.
Did not know that and thanks for contacting them.

ems902

I spoke with them yesterday and they are applying to have the feeds back online. Hopefully, that will happen in the next few days.

ems902

The GPD, GCSD, Fire Dispatch and GCEMS feeds should come online early next week. In the meantime, I added GPD, GCSD and NCSHP to the Guilford Metro Fire feed for the New Years holidays.

Chucksbaby

Its under the newer type feeds, that ley you create playlists with your favorite talkgroups and use it more like a real scanner

Why is it repeating itself and its Burlington not guilford county