habersham county radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

micco

I travel through "The Sham" 4 days a week. I think I can safely say that Hab SO is now MotoTRBO digital. I traveled past a MVA this morning and watched a deputy key up and speak and my little Pro-97 never lit up on the Hab SO channels. As far as Fire/EMS goes, I know they are issuing XPR series handhelds but I don't know what the plans are for Fire/EMS side in regards to digital. They have definitely narrowbanded finally judging by the massive decrease in volume.

micco

Actually it can be monitored as long as it's not encrypted.
You'll need to use the DSD software with a connected scanner or use a nxdn radio.

I am looking into doing a Software Defined Radio to decode MotoTRBO. They are way cheap, got mine off amazon for less that 20 dollars, and seem much easier to get up and running, no messing with Direct Taps. I am in the process of getting a computer up and running with Ubuntu Linux for the project. I hope the Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 ghz and 4 gigs of ram does the trick. I will keep everyone informed how it goes.

Digital Voice Decoding with RTL SDR (RTL2832), DSD and SDR Sharp - YouTube

Here is a video of a functioning example.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
Right, I'm doing the same w/ SDR dongle and I have windows 7 and ubuntu; Having real trouble with zip downloads and finding instructions for compiling and using this dsd software. Very appreciate any help.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
Thanks; others are doing it, I'm just dealing with usual Win-tel snafus, Apple owner myself but won't work on mac. I am curious if the nature or content of the communication on these systems is different now that it is more secretive. Strip search lol, what next?

nunyax

I traveled through Habersham last week and left my scanner in search mode. Found a full-scale MOTOTRBO trunking control channel on 152.7875. Attenuation would only knock it down to 3 out of 5 bars and this was on the rubber duck in the car. The signal had to be pretty close. Other frequencies with MOTOTRBO full-scale signals were 152.5175, 152.7725, 152.0525 and 152.8025.

None of these frequencies came back with a license when checked individually on the ULS. However, 152.5175 had a CWID of WPZL685 who is a spectrum holder for these frequencies in north GA.

From Habersham County's BOC meeting minutes on 4/18/2011:

Habersham County, Georgia: Meetings

g. Consider/Approve Quote from Mobile Communications of Dekalb for Motorola’s Moto-Trbo Connect Plus System

Status
Not open for further replies.