• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Had to try it: Hamgeek APX-8000

rf_patriot200

For $139, one could have an affordable luxury Icom IC-F9521T P25 radio with CopSounds™ and Japanese made quality from MTC. Instead of buying Chinese junk that sounds like a bag of smashed buttholes, spreads RFI worse than a whore with herpes, and will outlast most of the living.

I don't understand the attraction to these turd radios. No matter what fancy housing they're put it, inside it's the same low rent, low performing consumer walkie-talkie SOCs that suck worse than a Hoover Ultra Elite or a Detroit whore desperate for a hit. But hey, it's your money not mine.
So... You're mildly displeased I take it ?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
@MTS2000des Brother I don't want to know how you know what a "bag of smashed buttholes" sounds like but then again maybe I am a little curious. Strike that. Nevermind. Somethings are better left unknown.
Imagine the horrific sounds being made by a drunken 21 year old after a night of strip club hopping and binge drinking cheap liquor then stopping at Waffle House at 3AM and gorging on Bert's Chili. These are the sounds made in the bathroom when it's coming out of both ends. Pretty much mirrors the hash and trash and mud puppy audio Bowelturds are famous for.

bharvey2

Looks to me like a Baofeng in a pretty package. Not my cup of tea but as was mentioned earlier, I can see it being used as a movie prop or cosplay scenario.

rf_patriot200

IF your kids want to dress up as TRT Doorkickers, then it would be a great prop for their costume, and *might* allow them to call home on Frs to check in with Candy Command !

mancow

Database Admin
Not once in my existence did I ever see an xts for 125. And obtaining software etc. is an issue.
I had all the Motorolas up till the Saber years ago, but don't have the programming capabilities any more nor the income.

Weird, I saw piles of them for $20 at Dayton years ago. I have one, still programmed for a bunch of Ohio MARCS crap. The battery was toast so I couldn't try to affiliate which was a shame.

"But muh prescious TRS...."

iu

Programming is nothing. It's easier to find than the obscure Chinese stuff for these baothings.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Weird, I saw piles of them for $20 at Dayton years ago. I have one, still programmed for a bunch of Ohio MARCS crap. The battery was toast so I couldn't try to affiliate which was a shame.

"But muh prescious TRS...."

iu

Programming is nothing. It's easier to find than the obscure Chinese stuff for these baothings.
Not VHF. Avg. price on greedbay 250-500, just went and looked. 7-800 you can get all day for 50 but we're all rural vhf here. Too far to go to hamfests. I'm talking xts-5000 fpp though.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
I'm talking xts-5000 fpp though.
Who cares about FPP. First off, you need to set it up using CPS, second its incredibly cumbersome because you need 15 zone of 16 personalities. Each and every single personality needs to be configured. If you want 15 zones of 16 personalities to have scan lists, every single personality needs to be touched and have a scan list selected. Also keep in mind you can have trunking and FPP in the flash together.

Honestly, $150-$225 is the most I'll spend on a XTS2500 or XTS5000 regardless of it being FPP or not, regardless of its flash. The tools to force what ever flashport code you want into a radio have been out for a very long time. They have been EOL for long enough that very few shops will still work on them. Basically, it's a time bomb to failure, and trow it out if it fails

N4KVE

Who cares about FPP. First off, you need to set it up using CPS, second its incredibly cumbersome because you need 15 zone of 16 personalities.
Uh, no. I have a few FPP 900 MHz 2500’s, & I only have 19 personalities. Only the first zone is FPP, so that’s 16 personalities. 3 more personalities for all the rest. One for analog freq’s, one for digital freq’s, & one for digital encrypted freq’s. And while they may be older technology, they don’t sound any better on TX, or RX than my 900 MHz APX4000’s.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Who cares about FPP. First off, you need to set it up using CPS, second its incredibly cumbersome because you need 15 zone of 16 personalities. Each and every single personality needs to be configured. If you want 15 zones of 16 personalities to have scan lists, every single personality needs to be touched and have a scan list selected. Also keep in mind you can have trunking and FPP in the flash together.

Honestly, $150-$225 is the most I'll spend on a XTS2500 or XTS5000 regardless of it being FPP or not, regardless of its flash. The tools to force what ever flashport code you want into a radio have been out for a very long time. They have been EOL for long enough that very few shops will still work on them. Basically, it's a time bomb to failure, and trow it out if it fails
Last time I even set up a Motorola radio was my Sabers so it's been years and it was a long and arduous process going back and forth setting up scan lists, etc. On failure, that brings me back to CCR's... fails or gets damaged/lost, no tears if I have to buy another.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Last time I even set up a Motorola radio was my Sabers so it's been years and it was a long and arduous process going back and forth setting up scan lists, etc. On failure, that brings me back to CCR's... fails or gets damaged/lost, no tears if I have to buy another.
There a plethora of LMR analog radios from quality manufacturers that don't sound like muddy dog turds, have super performance receiving/scanning wise, are built well and can be had for not much more if that than Chinese Feces Pieces. Kenwood x80 series, Icom IC-F3021/4021, etc. Software is cheap/free and programming cables are too, runs on modern WinX PCs, no chance of bricking radios.

Again, explain the attraction to low rent turdy radios that don't or barely work and are often a PITA to program, have wonky/buggy firmware, and are just crap when alternatives from real radio manufacturers are widely available.

The only thing the Hamgeek 8000 does is appeal to posers, whackers and cosplay crowd who are dumb enough to pay 3 figure prices for a $20 turdbox radio because it looks like a modern cop radio.

rescuecomm

IF your kids want to dress up as TRT Doorkickers, then it would be a great prop for their costume, and *might* allow them to call home on Frs to check in with Candy Command !
And all the people who want Hams to carry former cop radios? Get accused of Impersonating LEO's? MTS2K probably has a commission the way he trash talks. So it doesn't apply to him.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
And all the people who want Hams to carry former cop radios? Get accused of Impersonating LEO's? MTS2K probably has a commission the way he trash talks. So it doesn't apply to him.
Well I do work for a public safety agency, so yeah, carrying a "cop" radio is part of the job maintaining a public safety radio system. But even I use a BT earpiece or keep it quiet. I don't go to malls blaring CopSounds™ or even show up on calls unless a COM-T/COM-L or drone op request is made and it comes from our PSAP.

Quit hating. Hams can use whatever but if it's crap that has muffled low anemic audio and can't hear a friggin repeater 10 miles away, it's a BOWELTURD and deserves to be FLUSHED. Making a radio look like a legitimate product is the true epitome of whackerism. It's not like this piece of dung is even a tenth of what a quality radio from 20 years ago, like a Kenwood TK-2180/3180 is- and those sell for less, make CopSounds™(assuming F/W is 1.22), can be had with Tactical Feature Set aka FPP, are actually part 90 certified, and bonus, the 3180 is also part 95 certified for lawful use on your local unlawfully linked GMRS system, so other than to whack, why would anyone buy one of these road apple radios?

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
There a plethora of LMR analog radios from quality manufacturers that don't sound like muddy dog turds, have super performance receiving/scanning wise, are built well and can be had for not much more if that than Chinese Feces Pieces. Kenwood x80 series, Icom IC-F3021/4021, etc. Software is cheap/free and programming cables are too, runs on modern WinX PCs, no chance of bricking radios.

Again, explain the attraction to low rent turdy radios that don't or barely work and are often a PITA to program, have wonky/buggy firmware, and are just crap when alternatives from real radio manufacturers are widely available.

The only thing the Hamgeek 8000 does is appeal to posers, whackers and cosplay crowd who are dumb enough to pay 3 figure prices for a $20 turdbox radio because it looks like a modern cop radio.
Guess it appealed to the whacker in me ! 😜🤣 Face it, there's a little bit of whacker in all of us 🤡.

Falcon9h

Premium Subscriber
Chat GPT:

In the context of emergency services, particularly within fire departments and emergency medical services (EMS), a "whacker" is a slang term used to describe a person who is overly enthusiastic or obsessed with their role as a volunteer firefighter, EMT, or similar position. This term is often used somewhat pejoratively to refer to individuals who:

1. **Display Excessive Enthusiasm**: They might show an intense and sometimes over-the-top passion for their duties and responsibilities.
2. **Collect Equipment**: They often acquire a large amount of personal emergency gear, more than what is typically necessary or provided.
3. **Seek Attention**: They may frequently seek out opportunities to respond to emergencies, even beyond what is expected, and might be seen as trying to prove their dedication.
4. **Exhibit Preoccupation with Status**: They may be very focused on their status within the service and may emphasize their role to others.

While enthusiasm for one's role in emergency services is generally positive, being labeled a "whacker" can imply that the person is taking their enthusiasm to an unprofessional or impractical level.

Oh well... I don't qualify, so there! 🤣

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Perhaps we should focus on talking about the radio rather than insulting the people who choose to buy and use it.
I think it's well established that the radio is a piece of trash, and no different than any other low performing, buggy, sub-standard, low quality CCR except it's in a new case that cosplays itself as a high tier MSI product.