ham channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4ZTO

146.490 and 146.520 (national simplex) are pretty active when it comes to simplex in richmond, I haven't listened to repeaters in years.

rokfysh

i have been mon. all repeaters and several simplex channels and very little traffic all day is this normal

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's pretty average, or at least has been in my experience. Hearing folks on simplex is going to be a bit more dependent on your setup antenna and radio wise obviously. From my experience, in most areas simplex operation is usually a secondary activity on the V/UHF ham bands with a lot of operation being centered around repeaters. That's not to say that there aren't hams that operate simplex only, because there are plenty of them, but you're more than likely going to hear more traffic on the local repeaters.

As far as the repeaters are concerned, expect a good amount of traffic around rush hour drive times and later in the evening as nets start up and folks get on after dinner or what have you with a lot of the activity tapering off around "bed time." At the same time, expect to hear nothing sometimes as that's just the way 2m and 70cm can be. As always, your mileage may vary.

rokfysh

thanks for that info i have been out of ham activity for years and the last i can remember back 15 years ago you almost had to wait in line to talk on 2 meters i guess times have changed alot.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
145.43 - CSQ is pretty active every day, especially during rush hour. There's also several nets on it Thursday evening, every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.