Hamtramck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abulafia

I'm nailing down the Hamtramck frequencies and wonder if I can get some help extrapilating the unknown frequencies as they're unpublished.

What I've got:

423.750 - Dispatch
423.850 - Reserves
425.750 - Spec. Events

1) What are the other frequencies based on what you know about how they're assigned? Where should I start looking?

2) Where do I look them up on the FCC site?

Thanks fellas.

Jeffn8wb

I doubt that you will get much help in a public forum when you are looking for unpublished frequencies. Your best bet would be to PM a few people that you know live in the area and see if they have anything.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Hamtramck Fire Dept is/was on 153.890. I don't know if they still operate on that freq as I have not turned on a vhf scanner in awhile.

babyreb

Abulafia said:
I'm nailing down the Hamtramck frequencies and wonder if I can get some help extrapilating the unknown frequencies as they're unpublished.

What I've got:

423.750 - Dispatch
423.850 - Reserves
425.750 - Spec. Events

1) What are the other frequencies based on what you know about how they're assigned? Where should I start looking?

2) Where do I look them up on the FCC site?

Thanks fellas.
i will check for u i have good freind with that dept but 423.750 is disp 423.850 sp event ch 2 425.750 is just the mobile freq of 423.750 but i will double check for u

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I have heard that Hamtramck wants to move over to the MPSCS, since Detroit is on that system. However, the big stumbling block is finding the money to buy the new radios, but they have applied for federal grant funding to help offset the costs. Hopefully, they will get approved and can buy some new radios very soon. This way they can communicate directly with all of the neighboring agencies for mutual aid purposes.

73's

Ron

MacombMonitor

Some others to check, (not sure if they're still active):

425.4000 Local Government
155.1750 EMS
155.3400 EMS
154.2950 Fire Mutual Aid

Abulafia

Thunderbolt said:
Hopefully, they will get approved and can buy some new radios very soon. This way they can communicate directly with all of the neighboring agencies for mutual aid purposes.

Agreed. Since Detroit upgraded it sure would make it easier to communicate with DPD. We're always chasing people into Detroit. That and I could justify the purchase of a shiny new scanner.

Abulafia

MacombMonitor said:
Some others to check, (not sure if they're still active):

425.4000 Local Government
155.1750 EMS
155.3400 EMS
154.2950 Fire Mutual Aid

Thank you sir, I've got the suggestions programmed and will verify em.

Also, thanks everybody with the suggestions. I'll update the database when I get this sorted out.

Dispatch - 423.750
Special Events - 425.400
Reserves - 423.850
Fire - 153.890
Thats it!

Abulafia

Hamtramck Upgrade

word is that Hamtramck Police are in the process of upgrading their radios, any word out there of the system they're moving to? Michigan Statewide?

freqs

As broke as that city is i wonder if they have the cash to go with MPSCS ? Hell the FD/EMS calls back to Dispatch and dispatch calls the hospital with patient's vital's from what I hear on the Scanner when the FD goes on runs

macari77

If Highland Park can get MSPCS radios I think Hamsadwich should be able to find a way.

As for the FD they can call the hospitals on the HEAR system but the DMECA hospitals don't monitor them like they should and HEMS can not always catch them calling.

Abulafia

More Information

I'm learning Hamtramck was mandated to upgrade five months ago and I understand it'll be funded by a Wayne County Grant.

Attached are a couple of city council resolutions involving the upgrade.

Attachments

• HPD=RES 2010- 800 MHZ Radios Revised Cost.pdf
    35.9 KB · Views: 158
  • HPD=RES 2010- 800 MHZ Radios Additional.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 235

SCPD

QRT
I got a hunch ...

I guess they've decided to run everything encrypted. Game over.

So where did you get this info.
I got a hunch this isn't true. I'm sure the spirit of the grant they are getting from the county is for interoperatibilty. Being encrypted kinda defeats the purpose.

Abulafia

So where did you get this info.
I got a hunch this isn't true. I'm sure the spirit of the grant they are getting from the county is for interoperatibilty. Being encrypted kinda defeats the purpose.

From members of the PD and the FD. Even dispatch is encrypted. I wish I was wrong. Maybe someone with a compatible scanner can confirm for me, I've got the talkgroup ids.

Status
Not open for further replies.