Hamvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

racc

Premium Subscriber
Hamvention a week away. Can't wait to get there. Hope a lot of you are going. I just talked to a sales rep from Scanner Master. He said they wouldn't be at Hamvention. Bummer!

WouffHong

Wonder where?

Hamvention a week away. Can't wait to get there. Hope a lot of you are going. I just talked to a sales rep from Scanner Master. He said they wouldn't be at Hamvention. Bummer!

Kinda makes one wonder where! :D

Da Wouff :wink:

WouffHong

Dayton, Ohio. sorry about that
Ahhh - Should have known - been a Ham for 58 years and never made it to Dayton - The show of shows, I gather. :)

Used to go to the New England and Melbourne FL ones and the Orlando Hamcation once, but Dayton STILL remains a goal :)

Tnx for the update and 73.. (no 's) ;-)

Wouff
http://wouffhong.org

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ill be making my first trip this year, got the ticket, room booked (that was a task) hope to see some people from RR there

Eng74

You have to give us a full report on the new version of the GRE 300 and 400. Have a great and safe trip.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Maybe next year... I just don't see the benefit of spending all the money this year to drive, spend a few nights, to attend a convention at a run-down arena with lots of weird people. Although I suppose observing the weird people would be considered a benefit.

VA3QRM

talk in / thank you

I'll be making my 6 minute drive to Hamvention again this year! Hope to see you a good turn out. You may hear me on talk-in! KC8DSB

The people that do the talk-in do a great job. You even found a Canadian the nearest Tim Horton's for a cup of coffee, the way he tied up the repeater I might have sent him to Columbia for a real fresh cup. 73.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
im in New Mexcio, Ill miss friday more than likely but will be there saturday and sunday, haulin ass to get to columbus and drop, then bobtail to dayton and get situated - woot

al_35

hamvention (weather)

Looks like a little rain friday morning,clearing up during the day,nice and sunny saturday&sunday!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I got on the Video Saturday afternoon, Picked Up an Icom IC-92AD on friday and used it saturday on the 30B reflector, good times

MikeMercury

I was there Saturday. I am very fortunate to live just 15 miles from Hara Arena... and try to never miss a Hamvention.

You may have noticed me... I had this T-Shirt on:

hamv-f.JPG

I want to thank the 40 or so people that during the day commented "nice shirt", others that asked to shake my hand, and the two that asked to take a pic.

VA3QRM

No code

I was there Saturday. I am very fortunate to live just 15 miles from Hara Arena... and try to never miss a Hamvention.

You may have noticed me... I had this T-Shirt on:

hamv-f.JPG

I want to thank the 40 or so people that during the day commented "nice shirt", others that asked to shake my hand, and the two that asked to take a pic.

Saw you there Mike, listen....enjoy the hobby, there is something for everybody. Waiting on my call from the prize draw.....

VA3QRM

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Another one down

Hamvention is over for another year. For those of you I saw at the All Ohio Scanner Club booth, nice to see you; for those of you who couldn't make it, you missed another fine time.

I always eagerly anticipate the show, and I'm always sort of glad when it's over; staffing that booth, sitting in one place for hours on end, is tiring all by itself (as fellow admin Mark and I know all too well). Add to that all the walking through the venue and it makes for a very long weekend.

I don't have to go back home until tomorrow; I'm going to sit down in a cushy chair, have a beer, chill out, play radio and reeeeeelax.

Status
Not open for further replies.