Harlan County Public Safety Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
I have a question regarding monitoring public safety in Harlan County:

1) I have a BCD536HP & a BCD436HP, along with other scanners. I have never been able to get traffic on the NXDN Trunked System; that is even when I scan the full database. And when I program my scanners via sentinel, I cannot get any traffic on this system. At first, I figured that I was just not within range. But now I strongly doubt that is the case. Reason being, I can hear traffic very clearly on 453.16875 & 453.81875 when I have them programmed in conventionally. Any ideas on why I can only hear them talk when it is conventional? What can I do, if anything, to be able to recieve their trunked system properly?

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I recommend seeing if you can hear the control channels in search mode, 451.05625 or 451.900. The control channels seem to be using directional antennas on some sites which may hinder your listening ability.

BC2001

Jesse
I recommend seeing if you can hear the control channels in search mode, 451.05625 or 451.900. The control channels seem to be using directional antennas on some sites which may hinder your listening ability.
Okay, I will try that. Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Yeah. I already have it on both scanners
Did you enter the keys? Go to Upgrade and NXDN on both scanners. It will tell you if upgrade has been activated. You must have the latest firmware for the upgrade to work. The NXDN upgrade resides in the firmware and requires the key to activate it.

BC2001

Jesse
Did you enter the keys? Go to Upgrade and NXDN on both scanners. It will tell you if upgrade has been activated. You must have the latest firmware for the upgrade to work. The NXDN upgrade resides in the firmware and requires the key to activate it.
Yes. I did enter the keys.I can receive clay County NXDN, so it is definitely in there.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
Are you importing from the RadioReference database or are you programming the system by hand? Your LCN order may be out of order.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm using sentinel to program it directly from the database on the BCD536HP.

I would check to see if you're able to monitor a different site first or run LCN finder with the BCD536HP as the LCN order may have changed. I recall it being correct for the Grays Knob site a few years ago.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
It depends on the amount of voice traffic, the more they talk, the sooner you'll get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.