Harnett County

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
i see you have the squelch idea backward.
if set to the minimum of 2 you will get everybody.
if you set it to 15 you get nobody, OK actually really close or powerful transmitters.
so set the squelch to 2.
I had it as low as, 2. Even though, I put it back to10. I can still hear Chatham(home county/Simulcast), Cary/Wake25(Simulcast), Durham(Digital), Granville, and Orange.
I was thinking the same thing. When I saw squelch set that high and suggestions to go higher, I thought “Wait a minute, mine is set at 2. Do I have it backwards?” Also, I’m in Michigan and travel daily with the GPS feature running. I’ve found that with so many simulcast systems running, it seems that depending on which control channel a particular agency is using, it may be possible to pick up a department several counties away because the county I’m in or a county in between have overlap of frequencies. For example, if I’m in Montcalm County but happen to be in range of a Kent County site, I may pick up Allegan County through the Kent simulcast system. However, on other occasions I will be in the northern part of Allegan County but pulling from a closer Kent County site and not get Allegan at all. This can happen on both my SDS100 and my Unication G5. The only theory that I can come up with is that one of the department’s primary control channels has changed to an alternate, thereby not “hearing” the other department. If someone can confirm or deny my theory, I’d appreciate it.
Yes, I have thought about overlap.
or add in the FM capture effect.
with FM the radio only hears the strongest signal.
that is one reason that air stuff is in AM, you can hear both at the same time or at least know that there is a separate transmission.
and that can save lives.
and simulcast has a problem with being to hear two or more towers as they hit your radio a little out of phase and add and subtract the signal.
so many radios just go silent or you get garbage. (except for the SDS uniden radios that use a computer to 'figure out the right signal'.
so as you drive and your primary system fades out, the radio will then scan through to find where it might have gone and could then find another frequency from your system that is another system's control channel.
I don't drive, but. Point taken.
I pick up the cokesbury tower on my G5, I work in Harnett as far I know it's still active, it's one of the towers programmed in my pager... although I don't think the erwin tower is used
I am not using the Erwin PE tower. Lillington, Spout Springs, or Angier, are another possibility, instead of Broadway, or Cokesbury.

JimE60

Premium Subscriber
I pick up the cokesbury tower on my G5, I work in Harnett as far I know it's still active, it's one of the towers programmed in my pager... although I don't think the erwin tower is used
Good Evening, the Erwin PE tower is still active, I can pick it up from Angier.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Can you check it out and confirm? Database says 700 mhz but the license says 800. Something is wrong somewhere. See this,

Post in thread 'Harnett County'
Harnett County