• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX Harris P25 phase 1 system on a Motorola radio APX1000?

obstac

Is it possible to program a Harris P25 phase 1 trunked system on motorola APX 1000 ?

we had tried to configure all the config , the radio received the signal from trunking and when we tried to PTT from Motorola APX 1000, harris radio XL-150PI received feedback (radio ID show), but no audio at all and disconnected .

General Tab :

System Type : ASTRO 25
Coverage Type : Smartzone & OmniLink
Home WACN ID : 000A
System ID : 000A
Control Channel : We add all the frequency
ASTRO 25 Channel ID : - Channel Type : FDMA , Transmit Offset : -45 Mhz, Channel Spacing: 6.25 Khz, Base Freq : 851.00625 Mhz
Mototorola Proprietary Feature : Uncheck
Validate NAC Agains System ID : Uncheck
WUID Validity Support : Uncheck
Digital Modulator Type : CQPSK

is there any configuration that i miss ? thanks

obstac

when we tried to PTT from harris radio, no feedback at all from Motorola APX1000

obstac

I could be wrong... but im looking over your data.. and im confuses as why your Wacn matches your System ID.... Are your Iden tables the same aswell?
Hi, thanks for reply . on harris p25 trunk , from l3harris himself we have to input WACN and system ID are same as well .

yes, iden tables are same both motorola and harris .

i read some thread about p25 harris to XTS/APX 6k . when we tried to set WACN to BEE00 . it shows out of range.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Isn't that how Harris rolls?
No, not really. You might be thinking of the RFSS matching the SiteID in most cases. 041-041, 081-081, etc. but the WACN and SysID are normally unique from one another.

obstac

No, not really. You might be thinking of the RFSS matching the SiteID in most cases. 041-041, 081-081, etc. but the WACN and SysID are normally unique from one another.
it's coincidence we got them. we configure harris radio to p25 trunked , using same WACN and SysID . it's work fine .

is there any config that i miss ? the IDEN is same frequency same as we configure harris radio . thanks before

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
we had tried to configure all the config , the radio received the signal from trunking and when we tried to PTT from Motorola APX 1000, harris radio XL-150PI received feedback (radio ID show), but no audio at all and disconnected .
sounds similar to a channel ID issue, talkgroup change/radio ID shows but no audio
when we tried to PTT from harris radio, no feedback at all from Motorola APX1000
so the apx can make the harris change to its talkgroup and no audio but the harris doing the same results in nothing at all on the apx. strange

Last edited:

obstac

sounds similar to a channel ID issue, talkgroup change/radio ID shows but no audio

so the apx can make the harris change to its talkgroup and no audio but the harris doing the same results in nothing at all on the apx. strange

Yes , on harris radio just showed ID and disconnected although we were still pressing ptt from apx1000 .

I put channel ID same as we program harris radio because no issue at all when we try it from harris radio to trunk .

Or maybe its WACN key issue ? Because i got the syskey(load software key) from my tim , but i have not checked that its just syskey or not WACN key included .

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Yes , on harris radio just showed ID and disconnected although we were still pressing ptt from apx1000 .

I put channel ID same as we program harris radio because no issue at all when we try it from harris radio to trunk .

Or maybe its WACN key issue ? Because i got the syskey(load software key) from my tim , but i have not checked that its just syskey or not WACN key included .
That sounds like the Motorola is transmitting on the wrong frequency. Are you sure the IDEN is EXACTLY the same in both radios?

obstac

That sounds like the Motorola is transmitting on the wrong frequency. Are you sure the IDEN is EXACTLY the same in both radios?
Hi , we got everything working . My bad, It was because on our trunk , the default is half rate TDMA , and our apx1000 just works on full rate FDMA , so we change to FDMA . Its work . And we change exactly IDEN freq to apx1000 and its work

We set coverage type as Smartzone,
System ID same as WACN ID .

Sorry my dumb question, when we tried different IDEN freq from harris radio lets say 851.00625 , trunked iden is 851.01250 . Why is harris radio to trunked harris works but motorola has no audio at all ?