• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris P7300 programming help

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I am having difficulty programming a second system in to my Harris P7300.I successfully programmed P25 Phase 1 800mhz Baltimore FD and PD and everything works great.I attempted to add the county end and it is also a P25 Phase 1 800 mhz.

Radio scans the county side but does not pick up anything.I did notice in the frequency settings on the county side the OSC SHIFT IS CHECKED and greyed out.On the city end it is not checked and it works fine. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I uncheck the OSC SHIFT on the county side? If not what else should I check? Thanks

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
When you are on the county system are you getting CC scan on display?

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Anybody?Could you tell me what OSC SHIFT means in frequency set

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Anybody?Could you tell me what OSC SHIFT means in frequency set
“Oscillator Shift.

This controls whether the radio will adjust the oscillator or second oscillator frequency (on this channel) to prevent spurious emissions.

Default = Checked

This Control Applies To: Jaguar 725M”

This won’t affect receive, only the TXO on a 725M

This information came from the help menu in RPM. Click Help>Contents>Index Tab and type “OSC” then select “Oscillator Shift”. The RPM help menu is where I learn the most about how RPM works. It’s VERY useful!!

If it’s greyed out, it doesn’t apply to your radio (except in the very rare circumstance that there is a bug). If it makes you feel better to have that box unchecked, make the set global, load the set when your personality is closed, uncheck the box, save it, then reopen the personality. It still won’t change anything on your radio, but the greyed out box will no longer be checked.

-B

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
If it’s not saying CC Scan, it’s likely found the site. Are you sure the TGs you have entered are affiliated with the site you are trying to monitor? Remember you can’t ask a site to carry a particular TG since you’re radio is not registering. Do you have an SDR or scanner that you can use to verify that there is site traffic on the TGs you have entered?

-B

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I am sure TGs are affiliated with the site.Yes I do have another radio and it does receive traffic on that radio but not the Harris..Could it be the band plan

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Band plan

Attachments

• 29D864D3-5F6E-49ED-98C1-3614B4DAE7B6.jpeg
    29D864D3-5F6E-49ED-98C1-3614B4DAE7B6.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 56
  • A9CC07F2-4F05-4BD8-A228-27DC89F9040B.jpeg
    A9CC07F2-4F05-4BD8-A228-27DC89F9040B.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 53

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I attached photos of my xg75..I am trying to program that radio also.They are essentially the same radio..FYI I am writing the code plug to the correct radio..
Thanks

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Every system has a band plan that all of the sites in that system use. Your Iden set needs to properly reflect the band plan for that system. It’s weird to me that the band plan in the screenshot has a -45MHz offset, but the control channel shown in the trunked set has a -48MHz offset. Double check that this is correct.

I take it you have the Baltimore City phase one system working and you’re having problems with Baltimore County?

-B

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
That is correct Balt City FD PD works fine.County nothing. So you're saying -45 needs to be -48..BTW these setting were from a previously owned xg100p.Which worked fine on both sides.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I don’t know which is wrong, but every system I’ve monitored used an offset that allowed me to infer the TX trunked frequencies based on the RX (TX=RX-45MHz ). I guess it doesn’t matter since you aren’t TXing, but I’m just trying to eliminate variables.

I don’t know the band plans for those systems so I can’t tell you that they are right or wrong. You also need two WANetworks… One for county and one for city. The site IDs are different. There are a number of things that could be wrong and there isn’t enough data to to narrow it down yet.

-B

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If the IDEN Set, Site ID, Site NAC, WACN etc etc are wrong at all then the radio will show CC Scan and not lock onto the site, so make sure that information is correct and entered properly (hex vs decimal etc). Also in the System settings make sure all the proper sets are selected (Group sets etc). And in your Group Sets make sure again the the data is formatted correctly (TG IDs are decimal, not hex) and be sure the Receive box is checked for each group.