• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2NEC

When I bought mine last year, if I remember correctly, it was around $700 from a dealer

12dbsinad

List price is $1000 dollars for RPM2. Obviously one could do better than that..

K2NEC

...and people complain that Motorola CPS is expensive... :)
To be fair, Harris RPM programs MOST Harris radios. More models than I can count. Motorola CPS only programs a few models or series. $300 for 1 series of radio or $800 for a good chunk of Harris radios? I'd say it's pretty reasonable.

12dbsinad

It is a bit pricey, but given a fully loaded multi band portable and mobile is about half the cost of an APX, just one radio pays for the software and then some :) and yes, RPM programs a lot of different models. You also get complete TAC support and they are on the ball 24/7.

When you're buying $5000 dollar radio's $800 dollars is pocket change, it's all relative. If you want cheap software, buy a L3Harris Tait.

Last edited:

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There are two editions of RPM. The conventional edition and the trunking edition.

The conventional edition is 300 dollars list price last I heard. The trunking version seems to be "whatever the dealer wants to get for it" but my copy ran 1500 dollars from NLT.

These days, getting the trunking version requires knowing which dealers to approach. Many simply will NOT sell the trunking edition to some random radio enthusiast.

As time has gone on, they've been locking down functionality to protect their customer's radios systems from unauthorized radios. That protected functionality requires varying types of software permissions.

That's the catch to wanting to use the latest Harris radios: They may not be usable because they may be dependent on RPM2 which you may not be able to get, and the features you want to exploit may be locked down so you can't program it to listen to the P25p2 system you want to listen to.

prcguy

Another reason I really like the XG-100P, it can do a lot of stuff and there is software out there that lets you do it for free.

There are two editions of RPM. The conventional edition and the trunking edition.

The conventional edition is 300 dollars list price last I heard. The trunking version seems to be "whatever the dealer wants to get for it" but my copy ran 1500 dollars from NLT.

These days, getting the trunking version requires knowing which dealers to approach. Many simply will NOT sell the trunking edition to some random radio enthusiast.

As time has gone on, they've been locking down functionality to protect their customer's radios systems from unauthorized radios. That protected functionality requires varying types of software permissions.

That's the catch to wanting to use the latest Harris radios: They may not be usable because they may be dependent on RPM2 which you may not be able to get, and the features you want to exploit may be locked down so you can't program it to listen to the P25p2 system you want to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.