• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HARRIS XG-75PE Not Powering up

JackRimawi

Premium Subscriber
My name is jack i have a harris xg-75pe its not powering up with the battery install or i when i put it in the charger and i dont if the battery is dead dead

i would love some feedback

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Does the LED on top briefly flash? It could be inhibited. Have you tried to read the radio with RPM in its current state?

radiotech33

Is the charger working ? Red light Blinking slow then go to solid green for chargeing .If the red light stays Blinking fast you got a bad battery but still should boot up in the charger .Check pogo pins on the back side of the radio 3 gold pins to make sure they not damaged They spring loaded ..Push to make sure they not broken or stuck down . Last but not least dose the off/ on switch Feel ok when powering the radio up ? do you feel a click ? when turning it on. Not much else to check theres a internal fuse inside the Radio f301 But I dought thats the issue..Other than that the radio might be BRICKED..Lets hope not

JackRimawi

Premium Subscriber
Is the charger working ? Red light Blinking slow then go to solid green for chargeing .If the red light stays Blinking fast you got a bad battery but still should boot up in the charger .Check pogo pins on the back side of the radio 3 gold pins to make sure they not damaged They spring loaded ..Push to make sure they not broken or stuck down . Last but not least dose the off/ on switch Feel ok when powering the radio up ? do you feel a click ? when turning it on. Not much else to check theres a internal fuse inside the Radio f301 But I dought thats the issue..Other than that the radio might be BRICKED..Lets hope not
When the battery is in the charger it goes from red to flashing green it does not stay on red for long and when the radio it's in the charger it doesn't power to

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you have a programming cable, try to read the radio. If it reads and if it is inhibited (bricked), it will report that in RPM. Then you'll know for sure.

JackRimawi

Premium Subscriber
If you have a programming cable, try to read the radio. If it reads and if it is inhibited (bricked), it will report that in RPM. Then you'll know for sure.
Ok I'm trying that right now I have RPM R14C05

It couldn't initialize the radio, it's telling me to make sure it's in programming mode

If sose come down to the fuse how do I open the radio a get a replacement for it

Last edited:

FKimble

Go to the pics and compare your radio to the pics. Look for scratches or scuffs etc. Do they match your radio?
If a guy has a bunch of used radios to sell, he may only take pics of the best looking one! That works/powers on.

Frank

K2NEC

Maby he wants to fix it his self......maby hes trying to learn..
If he buys a radio that's claimed to be working and is not working on arrival, OP has a right to request a working radio because that's what he paid for.

FKimble

Pic with a serial number is meaningless.All it tells you is the seller had it. If he sends it to you it also means he had it. Serial is on back under battery. Hard to take a pic with front showing it working and rear showing serial # without a battery.

Frank

JackRimawi

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: The original battle was from GTSPOWER and it went bad my new battery that arrived today I got it from haloidradios.com and the radio powers on and fully working