Harrison NJ - Hudson County

mondaro

Feed Provider
Information is slowly leaking out on the future communications for Harrison NJ which is currently on VHF analog for Police and UHF analog for Fire.
try to follow this logic if you can, they are seeking Bergen County Communications to take over their dispatching I guess if animal control is working why not public safety, the town will find other jobs in town for their current dispatchers which are excellent by the way, they would use the State 700 system (not Bergen County TRS) to communicate with Police, Fire, and St Clares EMS which work on the fire band, and yes the Police goes to big E, another agency bits the dust. DPW remains on their current UHF repeater. those with questions and comments are welcome but there are a lot of questions I have which I can't find the answers too as of yet, stay tuned this should be interesting in the months to come.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Town of Harrison Police and Fire are looking to go the State System according to confirmed internal sources.
they will be outsourcing their Police and fire Dispatch to Bergen County PSOC on or about January 1st.

In the meantime before PSIC, they will be on the existing radio system for Police and Fire Departments.
once Harrison goes to PSIC they will maintain their old analog system as a fallback.

DPW will remain on their repeater, Harrison also has installed a new state-of-the-art camera system
around town as well.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Town of Harrison Police and Fire are looking to go the State System according to confirmed internal sources.
they will be outsourcing their Police and fire Dispatch to Bergen County PSOC on or about January 1st.

In the meantime before PSIC, they will be on the existing radio system for Police and Fire Departments.
once Harrison goes to PSIC they will maintain their old analog system as a fallback.

DPW will remain on their repeater, Harrison also has installed a new state-of-the-art camera system
around town as well.
I know this was previously mentioned in another thread but if you know is it confirmed they are looking to go with encryption for HPD?

mondaro

Feed Provider

around town as well.
Sorry for the late response, they do not plan to have the dispatch channel at this time to be the big E, however the analog channels will remain as a back up and the Analog system will be in use at least for another 2 years.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I heard Harrison FD getting dispatched by Bergen County "Fire Comm" this morning. I believe today is the first day, but not 100% sure.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I heard Harrison FD getting dispatched by Bergen County "Fire Comm" this morning. I believe today is the first day, but not 100% sure.
Harrison Fire ( FireCom ) and St Clares EMS ( EMS Com) - Police are also being dispatched by the Bergen County PSOC as well, they have been up and running now for the last 2 weeks. The plan is for Harrison to also go to the State 700 Mhz system and keep their analog system for backup for the Police and Fire Department. I do not have a time-line on the switchover.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Harrison Fire ( FireCom ) and St Clares EMS ( EMS Com) - Police are also being dispatched by the Bergen County PSOC as well, they have been up and running now for the last 2 weeks. The plan is for Harrison to also go to the State 700 Mhz system and keep their analog system for backup for the Police and Fire Department. I do not have a time-line on the switchover.
I've been monitoring the Bergen County 700 P25 system side and didn't seem to notice a new talk group for Harrison. Do you know which talk group they are on?

mondaro

Feed Provider
I've been monitoring the Bergen County 700 P25 system side and didn't seem to notice a new talk group for Harrison. Do you know which talk group they are on?
Good Morning, Currently Harrison using there current system, they connected them there phone lines to the county PSOC. . ( Board Police will correct me if I mis-spoke ) Harrison is making the move to NJICS down the road. not sure if law enforcement will be Big E. I believe DPW will remain on there UHF repeater. hope that helps and have an awesome day !!