Having issues when scanner is connected via USB to Computer and attempting to send data to Broadcastify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacscorpio

So I have three feeds setup on my nice powerful computer. One is a CHP Monitoring feed and I'm using ScannerCast to send the feed and data to Broadcastify with no issues using a BCD996P2. The Second is a Sacramento Police Department feed and I'm using RadioFeed to send the feed and data to Broadcastify as well and no issues using a SDS200. Now the third feed, which is setup with Sacramento County Sheriff on a BCD536HP. I have tried RadioFeed and ScannerCast and I run into the same issue with either one.

Once I have it setup, it will run for a bit and then boom, the scanner does a reboot. If I disable the alpha tags being sent in ScannerCast and unplug the USB cable it works just fine. If I try it using RadioFeed, same thing. It will run for a while and then boom the scanner decides to reboot itself.

Databases are all updated
Firmware is all updated

I've tried swapping out the USB Cables, and that hasn't fixed it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin S
Retired LEO

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So I have three feeds setup on my nice powerful computer. One is a CHP Monitoring feed and I'm using ScannerCast to send the feed and data to Broadcastify with no issues using a BCD996P2. The Second is a Sacramento Police Department feed and I'm using RadioFeed to send the feed and data to Broadcastify as well and no issues using a SDS200. Now the third feed, which is setup with Sacramento County Sheriff on a BCD536HP. I have tried RadioFeed and ScannerCast and I run into the same issue with either one.

Once I have it setup, it will run for a bit and then boom, the scanner does a reboot. If I disable the alpha tags being sent in ScannerCast and unplug the USB cable it works just fine. If I try it using RadioFeed, same thing. It will run for a while and then boom the scanner decides to reboot itself.

Databases are all updated
Firmware is all updated

I've tried swapping out the USB Cables, and that hasn't fixed it either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin S
Retired LEO

What about using the 536 WiFi and eliminating the USB and audio cables?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For whatever reason it wouldn’t identify it being on my network. Also since I have my SDS200 using lan for its connection on the same computer will that cause an issue?
Negative on the SDS200 causing an issue. I would try again the 536 WiFi Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.