having reception troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i run a pro-2055 with rg-8 au mini and a firestick 4' scvanner antenna, on my jeep with a ball mount on the rear quarter panel, my reception locally has gone down in the last few months, my local pd is ok, only couple of miles, fire dispatch has gone down, bout 20 miles away, and have prety much lost all sheriff and chp broadcast in th 45. range, but i can recieve other county sheriffs and sac chp in the 45. range from 40+ miles away with no prob, i use to be able to hear all locals great, and pickup other stations from 50 to 60 miles away, and i can still recieve sac trunked 800 mhz from 40 miles, can anyone help, have check coax and antenna for resistance, antenna has no loss, and from where the antenna screws into ball to the tip of the bnc connector is .8 ohm, can anyone help, thanx

k9rzz

rubicon05 said:
i run a pro-2055 with rg-8 au mini and a firestick 4' scvanner antenna, on my jeep with a ball mount on the rear quarter panel, my reception locally has gone down in the last few months, my local pd is ok, only couple of miles, fire dispatch has gone down, bout 20 miles away, and have prety much lost all sheriff and chp broadcast in th 45. range, but i can recieve other county sheriffs and sac chp in the 45. range from 40+ miles away with no prob, i use to be able to hear all locals great, and pickup other stations from 50 to 60 miles away, and i can still recieve sac trunked 800 mhz from 40 miles, can anyone help, have check coax and antenna for resistance, antenna has no loss, and from where the antenna screws into ball to the tip of the bnc connector is .8 ohm, can anyone help, thanx

Check all connections for oxidation. Take them apart and actually look at them. Clean them up regardless.

If that doesn't help, then if you can get at the radio, try a different antenna, even if it's just a piece of wire. That will help you nail it down between a radio radio problem or in fact it's the antenna system.

SCPD

QRT
i have installed a new soldier on bnc connecter and a new ball mount to eliminate those possibillity's.

Status
Not open for further replies.