Hawthorne PD (Passaic County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Hawthorne PD officers are advising members of the press that their new radio system is encrypted. Can anyone confirm the presence of E on either of their two (2) NJICS talk groups (5137 & 5139)? Thanks.

N2NHL

Perhaps they have the ability to turn it on when needed. So far, they have been in the clear these past few weeks. I just heard the dispatcher on 5137. There's not much traffic from them for most of the day. I've been monitoring with my SDS200 and SDS100 all day and this is the first I caught a transmission today.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Some Hawthorne PD officers are advising members of the press that their new radio system is encrypted. Can anyone confirm the presence of E on either of their two (2) NJICS talk groups (5137 & 5139)? Thanks.

Expect them to probably enable it sometime next month.

Hawthorne PD is now fully transitioned to NJICS, TG 5137 and TG 5139. Previous UHF dispatch frequency of 460.1125 is now used as police back up and for EMS paging & response.

Rumors were that once fully transitioned, Hawthorne PD would be full time "E" on NJICS. Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.