Heap Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesis

Premium Subscriber
Help! How do I fix heap error code 21DB1F: 21E2 on my pro 106 scanner, What is the deal with these error codes. Why are they not included on the troubleshooting information page. Now I can not use the WX weather station for Alerts button or any other button etc....It would be nice to know what these code mean. I called RadioShack they have no idea how to do anything.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Help! How do I fix heap error code 21DB1F: 21E2 on my pro 106 scanner, What is the deal with these error codes. Why are they not included on the troubleshooting information page. Now I can not use the WX weather station for Alerts button or any other button etc....It would be nice to know what these code mean. I called RadioShack they have no idea how to do anything.

Use the SEARCH function on this forum looking for "HEAP ERROR" and you will find that there is some data you have entered into the scanner in error and the instructions on how to fix the same.

Now, to give you a nudge in the right direction, look at http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/217409-pro-106-error-message.html

Last edited:

francesis

Premium Subscriber
I have used the search function on this forum looking for heap error 21DB1F: 21E2 and nothing tell me how to fix my problem

JoeyC

I have used the search function on this forum looking for heap error 21DB1F: 21E2 and nothing tell me how to fix my problem

Don't be so specific with your search. Search on Heap error and you will find a MANY threads that all come to the same conclusions. :p

francesis

Premium Subscriber
I have looked for pro 106, pro scanner error, heap error, error, fix error. This is like playing cat and mouse games here really. Why can't people just get to the point in the matter. If you don't know say U don't know how to fix something really now.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I have looked for pro 106, pro scanner error, heap error, error, fix error. This is like playing cat and mouse games here really. Why can't people just get to the point in the matter. If you don't know say U don't know how to fix something really now.
Let me start out by saying I have no solution to your heap error issue. However, I did delete your previous post from the moderation queue since you basically said the same thing a mere 3 minutes later. Please remember you are a new user and therefore are moderated. Apparently with my approval of this most recent post, you have passed the moderation period.

That said, I just did a quick search for "heap error" on both the Radio Shack (this one) and the GRE forum and got over 40 threads on the RS forum and over 30 on the GRE forum. So, I fail to understand why you can't find any of these already dealt with issues.

You can always do the magic reset to factory default also.

1.)Turn the scanner on.
2.)Press the #0key
3.)Press the #1key
4.)Press the ENT key
5.)Pressy any key
6.)Press any key again and it is reset to the default

francesis

Premium Subscriber
Now when I reset to the default, I would have to reprogram it all over again correct. It would be nice to know what heap error message means. So that if it comes up again I know what is going on. What is another way to fix the error message without default setting, You would think you should use this as a last resort.

n0lqt

Now when I reset to the default, I would have to reprogram it all over again correct. It would be nice to know what heap error message means. So that if it comes up again I know what is going on. What is another way to fix the error message without default setting, You would think you should use this as a last resort.

Well, if you can't find it in all of the previous message threads and FAQs, here is your quick answer. It took me all of 10 seconds. Sorry folks if this repeats previous info in other threads, but apparently he can't find it and is just getting frustrated:

There are likely one or more talkgroups in yourprogramming load that are not associated to any trunked systems. Each talkgroup MUST be associated to only one trunked system. Delete the non-associated talkgroup(s), add them to the correct trunked system, and that will solve the problem.....

francesis

Premium Subscriber
error message

Mr. Pablo @ radioshack in Martinsburg,WV fix my scanner with 3codes and Mr. Pablo was very helpful in solving my issue with the heap error coded. Iam a very patent person, just don't like the run around. I was unhappy with the response you gave me

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Mr. Pablo @ radioshack in Martinsburg,WV fix my scanner with 3codes and Mr. Pablo was very helpful in solving my issue with the heap error coded. Iam a very patent person, just don't like the run around. I was unhappy with the response you gave me
Hmm, you posted this problem last night and by this afternoon you got it solved but not with any help from anyone here. I guess are just a useless bunch of folks. Next time you have problem or a question, just run on down to the RS, I am sure Mr. Pablo will be happy to answer it for you. :roll:

Post#10 explains it very well.

We all do our best to help each other on here. That's how we all learn. Trial and error.

There are a vast of knowledgeable people on this forum. Everybody does their best to find an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.