• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help finding a Multi-band Low Profile Antenna

kb1fua

That's what I'm running (post #2 above) and they work fine. Sounds like the agency wants something lower profile than that.

I ran it on the work truck for a while, swapped it out with the EM Wave version. I put the Larsen on my personal truck since it's thinner and blends in better.
I used that antenna for the scanner, until I got the actual scanner antenna (MFJ discone). It does hear better!
The Larsen performed well, just stuck up on the steel roof on the magmount, but I got the scanner antenna up about 8' higher, and I can hear the Jeff City ham repeater now.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
For fully marked cars the compromise antennae do not make any sense at all other than convenience at the car wash. Unmarked cars, yeah I get it, but for fully marked I'd be putting the best performing antenna I can find on there regardless of its size. Down the road after the puck antennae are performing poorly they come back complaining and its all your fault.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The best you are going to get for "low profile" is either a Sti-Co flexi-whip multiband, or, my recommendation would be to use the APX8500 triplexer and break it out to a sharkfin for UHF and 800, and a Sti-Co flexi-whip for VHF.

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
I think you said you needed V/U/800
so then:

STI-CO®

Stealth Permanent Mount - Triband kit with dual band CPMT for V/U and CCAS patch antenna for 7-800​

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The above one uses a patch antenna on the window for 7/800. This one is what we use which is the sharkfin with tri-band whip:
STI-CO Industries, Inc.
VHF / UHF / 700 - 800 Covert Universal OEM Shark Fin Antenna with Flexi-Whip™