Help in person with my 436hp scanner?

TARDIS2008

Premium Subscriber
I have both the 536HP and the 436HP. I pick up more signals/channels on the 536. I have made sure they both have been updated with the latest firmware, the latest sentinel updates, that my favorite lists are the same on both, they both have the same antenna, the range is same, that the service types are on. I changed out the antenna on the 436 to make sure it was an issue. I have done a reset on the 436. Some of the channels that it misses are digital some appear analog. I just don't know what I am missing. I was wondering, are there any local Maine scanner experts that I could hire to show me/help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I am in the Bangor area. Thank you.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Is this a new problem or has it happened since you got the radios? If new, then something changed, if not then keep in mind that while these two radios have similar insides, they can differ on reception. Verifying that they are on the exact same antenna in the same location is important along with checking cables to each and connectors. Worst case, the 436 has a problem and if new should be returned.