DSDPlus Help! Massive lost buffers and no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoat

Hey all,
I recently got a rtl sdr and sdr#
The programs were working fine for a day until I stared them up yesterday and I was getting NO audio
sdr is working fine when I have it playing through my headphones but the issues arise with DSD+
I have a VAC set up going into DSD and if I tune into a FM station I can clearly see DSD picking up the audio from the VAC but with no sound actually coming from the speakers
When I switch to the local police frequency, however I still have a strong signal but with no signs of life on DSD+
I noticed TONS of lost buffers on the police frequency even while receiving signal
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you properly routing the audio out of DSD+ to your headphone/speaker port? Also the FM station you are pumping in isn't a digital signal, so why would DSD+ respond to it? It won't pass analog audio thru unless you manually specify it.

And it's been mentioned dozens of times here already. Ditch SDR# and use the supplied FMP/FMP24/FMPA etc as your tuning software. The programs are made to work seamlessly together, and they do. Once you have that working nicely and kind of have your feet wet then start messing around with SDR# etc.

air-scan

The old method of piping audio SDR# to DSD+ is no longer the preferred method because DSD+FL eliminated the need for virtual cables and VB-audio using TCP linking. Don't even have to tune the decoders anymore. It's already handled.

Their is no decoder for FM broadcast in DSD+. You can tell it to Passive Monitor and use it's audio filter is about it. Really not useful for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.