help please easy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I do not own an 8200, but of the radios I do own usually it is placard somewhere on the radio what frequency ranges it supports.

Failing that .. try to tune a celluar frequency. It will either work or it will not.

MarkWestin

Method 1:
Look at your radio to see if it has a FCC type acceptance number. If it does, it is blocked (unless it is a USA "export model" or for "approved" users).

Method 2:
try to enter a "blocked" frequency such as between 869-895 MHz. If you can, it is not blocked.

There may also be a sticker on the box that will say 120 U or 120 B (120 is the voltage of the adapter, U=unblocked or B=Blocked)

European models should have the "CE" emblem in the lower right corner of the model/serial number sticker. If it has the "CE" but not the "Type Acceptance", then it is not blocked.

Even in my rural area, there is almost nothing to listen to in the "blocked" frequency ranges. I hope you didn't buy one of these just to listen to these frequency ranges, because you probably won't be able to pick anything up anyway. Different countries or regions use these frequency ranges for different purposes so the radio is more versatile if it is unblocked.

Mark

Last edited:

morfis

alnweer said:
European models should have the "CE" emblem in the lower right corner of the model/serial number sticker. If it has the "CE" but not the "Type Acceptance", then it is not blocked.

my scanner from london

looking for this pic.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40979e35_96e7/bc/groups/20060806.jpg?bf99Z1EBAZJi_gwO

CE ARE YOU MEAN THIS

link doesn't work...but in your case, if the AR8200 was purchased from a dealer in London then it MUST be CE marked.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark for an example of the CE mark design.

morfis

alnweer said:
hi

haw i can now if my aor8200 mark3 is blocked or unblocked?

thanx :)

Further to other replies: All of the standard USA units (cell phone range blocked) will have a "B" appended to the model number shown on the label on the back of the radio (under the belt clip if fitted). The box should have a sticker that also shows that it is a "B" unit.
The best way to be sure is however to try enterring a frequency in your cell phone range.

morfis

alnweer said:
yes it is ( CE mark)

is it mean unblocked?

Yes, if it is CE marked then it was meant to be sold in the EEC and will be full coverage.

alnweer

Okay My Friend

Why I Can Not Listen For Any Gsm Cell Phone In My Country?

My Country Is Kuwait In Middle East

morfis

alnweer said:
Okay My Friend

Why I Can Not Listen For Any Gsm Cell Phone In My Country?

My Country Is Kuwait In Middle East

It is not possible to listen to GSM phones on a scanner. It is possible to listen to analogue cell phones but there can't be many of those in use nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.