Help programing bc796d for phx az

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIXTRIX1

HI i am new to scanning can anywon help me program my scanner its a (BC796D) .I am looking to set it up
for phoenix ARIZONA APRO25 ,IF anyone can help me program this scanner or tell me what software i can yous to put in all the channels i can listen to i would appreciate thanks MARK

captclint

Mentor
HI i am new to scanning can anywon help me program my scanner its a (BC796D) .I am looking to set it up
for phoenix ARIZONA
Welcome to RR. This model is relatively easy to program, but software always makes the job easier. I recommend ARC250 Basic $39.95 If you plan to do a lot of monitoring while at your computer, the PRO version($69.95) has a nice virtual control window that lets you see what's going on without blocking your computer screen. Also lets you log what you get. This can be very handy when you are away, or if didn't see the last couple of transmissions. I find this well worth the price. While I have never used http://www.proscan.org/ , It has the same control and logging features for $50.(I find ARC250's virtual control window is usually superior to others I have tried). You can download a trial version of both of these free for 30days and see for yourself.

If you also become a paid subscriber to this site, you can get the automatic down loads of Maricopa County This is also very reasonable($7.5 for 3 months). Since there are a lot of trunk systems and other conventional frequencies in your area, this can save you countless hours of programming and frustration.

PS. It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state and state instead of your email (It is never a good idea to have you email on any web site due to spam) This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.