Help programming SAME/Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5JMC

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I have the pro-106 and need help with programming the SAME weather. If programmed correctly, will my scanner alert me like a SAME weather radio? For instance, if I'm scanning any one or multiple scan lists, will my alert go off if one is issued for my county? Or do you have to have the scanner in some kind of weather only scan mode?

Can someone help me with programming it? What I've sone so far is click the WX button and it goes to NOAA Weather screen. I push F3 under SAME and it goes to the SAME Codes menu. I entered my code 005119 in the first entry and saved it. Then I went back to scan mode.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The scanner cannot be in scan mode for the SAME codes to alert. It must be dedicated to weather.

N5JMC

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Is there a scanner that will

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No. In order to do that, the scanner would need to have two independent receivers.

bryonh

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If my memory is correct you can set the weather frequency as a priority channel.
Then as long as you have priority active it will stop if an alert is given by NWS

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Correct. You just can't use SAME, and you'll hear all of your audio interrupted every 2 seconds.

more than 2 sec,,set the WX check interval at its highest,,250.
better than 2 second interrupt,but still annoying as hell when theres not an
impending disaster present,,

then again,just activate the WX when things get dicey and you can probably
catch the SAME-FIPS Tx's..

Status
Not open for further replies.