help programming scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrew56

Premium Subscriber
I need step by step help programming my uniden bearcat BCD996P2 scanner. Im just an old grandma that wants to listen to my scanner, to hopefully know if there is anyone dangerous in my area.
Thank you in advance. bbrew56@yahoo.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I need step by step help programming my uniden bearcat BCD996P2 scanner. Im just an old grandma that wants to listen to my scanner, to hopefully know if there is anyone dangerous in my area.
Thank you in advance. bbrew56@yahoo.com
Hi bbrew
Welcome to RadioReference.

In order to give you more specific help, we would need to know your location (city or county, and state, would do). The systems, or types of systems (police? fire? EMS?) that you'd like to monitor would also help.

You might also find the links on this Wiki page helpful.
Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

bbrew56

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for replying.

I live in Dixon, Illinois, Lee county.

I would like to be able to listen to local Dixon police, Sheriff, State police, EMS, and Amboy Illinois, local police

thank you so much for helping.
Bonnie Brewer
bbrew56@yahoo.com

MFD4305

Check with CARMA

Hi Bonnie, and welcome to The Forum. May I suggest you touch base with CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association? They are an active, wonderfully helpful group of scanner enthusiasts. I was a member for years before I moved away from Chicagoland. I can't promise, but I'd bet good money you'll receive at least one offer from a member to meet with you and help with the programming personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.