• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

stagnuts

I need help programming two different radios.

First radio. Icom IC-F3061

I am trying to program the radio. When I turn the radio on and hit the scan button. It starts to scan and than it randomly stops on different channels in the scan list, and no noone is transmitting on the freq. How do I get it to stop this and just scan normal. Any help would be great.

Second radio: Icom IC-F33

I am trying to program this radio to act a pager with the fire department with 2 tone. I have the tones in and and it will call ok. But how do I set it up to have it as a pager. I set up one channel with the receive freq and the text says pager. TX is inhibited. 2 tone has the the channel in it. So here is what I want. I want it to be a closed freq and not hear anything until the tones go off. And than how do I reset it after?

Thanks for the help again Josh

stagnuts

SQL level is 137. Is this too low. It seems to be around the common number for most of the radios I have been doing.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
If you have a lot of electronics around, you may have to set it a little higher. I have to keep mine set at 200, and it still stops on channels when I'm close to my TV or satellite modem. If any of the channels use CTCSS or DCS tones/codes, make sure you enable them. If the channels are CSQ, you'll just have to raise the squelch or try to identify and reduce the interference.

Regarding the F33, I'm pretty sure the radio can do what your wanting. The way I'm reading it, you want it to act like a Minitor pager, and the F33 is capable of this.
To enable this:

*Go to the 2-tone/Code CH screen and enter your tones, durations and text into the Code channels.

*Under Memory CH go to the channel (frequency) where the tones are sent and under the 2Tone column double click the RX C.No field, then double click each Code channel you want to receive on this frequency.

The radio will now open squelch on this channel only when the correct tones are received. To mute the radio again press the monitor button above the PTT.

Good luck!

stagnuts

Thank you so much for the help. Avery93 you were right on for both answers. Once I moved away from my computer with the F3061 it started to work just fine. And on the F33 it worked also to page out. Once I read how to do it I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was putting the 2 tone in the Tx category instead of the Rx. Once I put it in the right spot it worked great. Thank you again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.