[Help] Station TN digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfire

I bought a Uniden Bearcat BC125AT back in September of 2017 and stumbled through the programming of it without really knowing what I was doing. I am interested in listening to Tolland County Station TN (specifically Vernon Fire and Coventry Fire related channels). I think TN is switching over to digital (correct me if I am wrong) and my handheld scanner won't be able to pick those up correct? So do I need to buy a new digital scanner in order to continue to listen? Or am I able to reprogram the radio I currently have? I haven't updated it since 2017. I apologize if this is the incorrect forum to ask for advice, please point me to the correct forum if that is the case.

my handheld scanner won't be able to pick those up correct?
Your scanner is analog only, so if they are in fact switching to digital, you'll need a new scanner to listen.

I recommend the 325P2 from Uniden for a handheld.

It's reasonably priced and works great!

Keep an eye on the database to see if they switch to digital.

jfr454

I don't know of any of digital frequencies but I believe there are some new channels with digital PL tones. I believe that the 125 will accept them but it will not receive 700/800mhz frequencies if desired.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Last I listened TN still dispatches on the 33.8 Lo
Band and has 3 low band channels used for officers to report back to dispatch, most towns have them linked to a UHF repeater.

the only chances I’m aware of are adding 3 new simplex UHF Fire ground channels and 2 “monitored” UHF channels as well. No one has found what those are yet, but I suspect reuse of existing freqs as I haven’t found any new licenses yet.

vernon being a larger dept, it is possible they may have Converted some of their town only use channels to digital.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I believe that Vermon 7 might be TAC2. I need to do more testing but during the big fire in Vernon last week they were using that frequency and I kept hearing TAC2 during dispatch. But I am not sure yet so I havent posted my findings. They are all analog. Vernon PD is digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.