help,what happened to windows ten why cant i broadcast my audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesgszymanski

Feed Provider
ok ,its like this i have broadcast my scanner feed in the past when i was a long haul truck driver so i got out of the truck a few years ago and took the feed down ,i had an old laptop with windows vista with scancat ,simple easy start scancat plug in the scanner to the headphone jack and magic,well not no more that computer for some reason will connect to the wi fi but that it, i had that problem before and figured it out but now its stumping me, so i have 2 other laptops and a onn two in one but with windows ten they don't recognize the scanner feed when i plug in to the headphone jack either with a stereo or mono plug the only way is to place the scanner by the computer so the built in mic picks up the feed this isn't any good the mic pics up everything any body got any ideas ???? this is frustrating me i thought it was the computer and bought a new one just because .i even tried scanner feed exe and that didnt work

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I don't much about scancat, I have 3 scanner audios going into a windows 10 computer using an external sound card and proscan so I might be able to help at least on the computer side. Right click on your speaker lower right side of your computer. Click on open volume mixer, click on the sound system icon. A sound pop up box should come up. Click on the recording tab. See if you have an external microphone enabled when you plug in your audio cable. Also when you plug in an audio cable in your headphone/microphone jack you usually get a pop up box asking what you plugged in (microphone, headset....) are you getting that box? On the recording box there is a bar graph next to the options, this shows the received audio level of that device. Have your scanner recieve a weather brodcast so you have constant audio always come in and see if any of those audio levels are active. Then you will know the computer is actually getting audio. I hope this helps or at least gets you heading in the right direction.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Also found this on RR SCANCAT instruction: "Note that most Windows systems, including all Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems, already have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed. Windows 8 and Windows 10 may need older version of .NET framework installed, " I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I would think it would bit it could.

charlesgszymanski

Feed Provider
done all those things no success but bought a cheapie external sound card plugged it in had to use a mono cable from scanner to the mic input of the card and a stereo cable from the card to the speaker output to the headphone jack but have low volume but it works

Status
Not open for further replies.