Help with BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GKS

I got the scanner today. I programed it with the software and have read until I'm blue. How in the world do you just scan the quick key channels? I have pushed the right keys but it still scans the search and state. How do I turn off the beartracking and the search mode and just scan the quick keys. The manual is really confusing.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Turn off the pre-built stuff by repeatedly pressing POL/DOT and HP/BT until none of the associated icons are in the bottom line of the display.

N4GKS

UPMan said:
Turn off the pre-built stuff by repeatedly pressing POL/DOT and HP/BT until none of the associated icons are in the bottom line of the display.

Just as I read this I figured it out.Thanks for the help. This scanner is the bomb, but the manual reads like Greek. I was disappointed that I had to use the attinuator for my home frequency as I was getting pager intermod. Not even my cheap scanner did that.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Newsroom Scanner

We recently purchased the BCT 15 for use in our newsroom---We programmed it with Butel software---Now a question: I suspect the scanner is NOT scanning at 100 channels as advertised. I have reread the manual several times and can not find a way to get the scanner to scan faster. We have it running as a "conventional" mode--no trunking around here ;-)
Anyone have an idea on how this can be done from the front panel????

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere recently there was a thread about speeding up the scan rate of the newer Uniden models by sorting frequencies from high to low.

warrior420

There is a sys hold option. The default is 2 seconds, you have to change each system to 0 hold time.

Status
Not open for further replies.