Help with BearCat BC250D Digital (KSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1rekt

I know all the KSP numbers. I am from Knox County they are currently running on FM mode (which is what I think they are suppose to be scanning on) and thats about it.

Whenever one of the troopers start to come in all I get is static and maybe a word (if even) and P25 lights up on the screen.

There are several more options I may have set wrong such as the Mode, Tone, all this other stuff Attenuator (sp?).

I am totally new to scanning I want this to work out for my dad, he has been trying to get KSP forever and I want to help him do it with everyones help.

So do I have to set something right I mean when it does come in its clear as a bell for that one word or two the trooper gets out of his mouth. Seems odd to me. =/ Please help. Thanks in advance.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Not really familiar with the BC250.... but you might also try programming the KSP freqs in using the Motorla mode..... they aren't trunked, but i have had to do that for some of my freqs that receive skip from Northern KY pd's/fd's..... program 154.65500/186.2PL--that is the vehicle repeater for KSP.

d1rekt

I have no idea what the Knox Co. KSP frequencies are. If anyone could post them please do. I think I searched 10 pages before I posted to see if anything had been posted before I didnt find anything. Either the frequencies or the link to a previous post. I will also try the trunk thing charlie and get back to you on how that works out, but I think I need more information there are many different options you have to enter with trunking that I just dont understand and cannot find a tutorial for.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might want to see if the following frequencies are programmed:

They are those KSP are licensed for in Knox county.

Hope that helps!

d1rekt

I have entered all of those but the KSP (post 10 what im trying to get and some london) comes in sometimes and P25 lights up on the scanner and they talk clear as a bell for not even a few seconds then it goes to static and does this maybe twice before the scanner stops picking them up.

jgrcuda

I used to live at intersection of 229 and 25E. My strongest freq. was 460.3625. I think the tower was at the top of Guillam hill. If you give your location we could help you better. Some towers are in bell or harlan which you may be able to pick up better.

sound_efex

I used to have the same problem when I began monitoring P-25 tx's. If you are using the supplied antenna, angle it slightly from 90 degrees or adjusting the length. Move the scanner to a different location. Those simple fixes worked just fine for me.

Not familiar with your radio but adjust the P-25 sound quality back to the default. I live in a post 2 county. No transmitters in my county. I get more and stronger hits from post 1.

Let us know how everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.