Help with NXDN/P25 hosts for Droidstar

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I started off using Droidstar on my phone to get a taste of DMR before going out and buying a mobile and HT radios. I see on Droidstar there are many options besides DMR. How do I use P25 and NXDN? The "Host" drop down list for both NXDN and P25 is just a long list of NUMBERS. Pi-Star has a P25 Reflector with a ton of talk groups but I cant do anything because there is nothing listed for hosts except a huge list of numbers. I would like to use the East Coast Reflector talk group 9050. I can set up Droidstar with all the info I need except the HOST!

dwh367

The only reason to use P25 or NXDN is if you already have a radio that uses that codec. You're not missing anything as most P25 and NXDN talkgroups are linked into DMR/YSF/FCS/XLX/D-Star reflectors. Otherwise there would be very little traffic on those modes. The East Coast Reflector can be accessed via DMR/YSF/XLX/Echolink/IRLP/Allstar.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
The only reason to use P25 or NXDN is if you already have a radio that uses that codec. You're not missing anything as most P25 and NXDN talkgroups are linked into DMR/YSF/FCS/XLX/D-Star reflectors. Otherwise there would be very little traffic on those modes. The East Coast Reflector can be accessed via DMR/YSF/XLX/Echolink/IRLP/Allstar.
OK Thanks for clarifying

kb1fua

I found this out when I did cross more from my pin star hotspot.
🤔😂