Help with outside antenna

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
@andy404ns to be fair the OP and I talked in a PM several days before his post here he needs now to listen to Obion County traffic on NXDN and Union City on NXDN for now and THP on the TACN System Hornbeak and UT Martin Sites all that can be heard from his house with his inside antenna as you can drive by his house and hear all on a rubber duck. I just have not had the time to meet the OP and help him like I have done for several listeners in the area we both live in.

ind224

When you hear dispatch say "going digital" they are indeed getting the same breaking up / partial conversations typically reserved for scanner listeners. Did you hear the responding unit at all and did you note the CC you heard dispatch on? Changing a CC on their end could happen in real time at any time.

FKimble

"Your" telephone pole with a light has me concerned. Did you procure the pole, install/have installed, run power to pole, install light? Or did power company install the pole/light? Does power come thru your meter and is the power line safe to handle? Concerned over safety of putting antenna up near power.

Frank

scanguy0823

Does have power coming from my house to the light pole. put up by the electric company. should I not put an antenna up there ? going to have a professional come install this. im not going to do it myself lol
The light itself is a foot under the top of the pole. ima have the antenna mounted flat to the top

FKimble

Unless your power company is different from mine, then it's their pole and light and you are "renting" it (a little extra each month on your power bill). Way back as a kid, I remember you couple buy a pole from power co. and pay them to install. That was way back when life was simplier.

Frank