Help with Pro197

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
What sort of programming help do you need? Do you have a UBS programming cable and programming software? If so, which software do you have? I have Win500 files for the Columbia SC area that I can share with you.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have cable and software that came with 197

When the PRO-197 was sold by Radio Shack, it did not come with a cable, nor did it come with programming software.... so we still don't know which cable and software you have.

The software might be ARC500, or Win500, or PSREdit500. Check the programming software and let us know which one you have.

As far as the cable, can you take a pic of it and attach it to your post here? Is there a small box in the middle of the cable that says Radio Shack on it?

Phillyguy2785

Need some advice about my pro 197 thats nolonger working

My name is bill and im 32,my father was a Philadelphia Firefighter for 34years so my whole life i grew up around scanners! Im also pretty good at fixing anything electrical! One day i plugged in my pro 197 and it sparked and a plum of smoke came out! I took it apart and tried messing with it but can not figure out what i need to do to get it working again. Anyone have any ideas for me or if its a complete loss,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.