BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Help with Programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a BCD436HP and have been learning the ins and outs of programming it for the past couple of weeks. I am using the Sentinel software from Uniden and am so far very impressed with this radio. However I have noticed an issue, but after some experiments have concluded it is probably a programming error on my part and I'm not sure how to correct it.

I am programming the Michigan MPSCS Phase 1 P25 system for St. Clair County Michigan. I have the St. Clair County Simulcast programmed with all of the TG listed for that county.

I created a favorites list from scratch adding all TG into the same system/department/channel list at the same time. I have the Simulcast site programmed into that department with the Quick key off as I want that site used across multiple Channel lists (St. Clair County, MSP, Macomb Co, etc.) within the same system. For the most part, most of the channels come in crystal clear and sometimes better than my 396XT.

The issue is this. In a side by side comparison with the HP and 396XT scanning the same system, site and TGs, the HP is missing more TGs than I had thought. Not transmissions, but individual TGs. I've noticed that in the sentinel programming, if the TG's service type is "Fire Dispatch", "EMS Dispatch", "Hospital", "Law Dispatch" or "Law Talk" it will scan and pick up transmissions on those TG. If I have the service type listed as "Interop", "Fire-Tac" or anything else not listed in the previous sentence it skips over it and the HP is silent while the 396XT is receiving.

I did an experiment where I took a silent TG that was listed as "Interop" and changed it to "Fire Dispatch" in the service type and the HP received transmissions crystal clear on that TG on a regular basis. There must be some type of filter being applied to the "Service Type" setting but I don't know how to change it so the scanner receives transmissions on all service types. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
John

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but that is not what I'm looking for. I don't want to use the zip code feature as I am working on a custom file that will eventually encompass the entire state of Michigan in a similar setup as to how my PSR's are set up (see attached bin file).

I just need to know what setting in the sentinel software affects how it scans TG based on the "Service Type". (Maybe I gave too much background info in my opening post. Sorry.)

Attachments

• Michigan Bin File.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 72

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
No, Function plus Zip pulls up the SERVICE Type menu in the scanner so you can see what services are on and which ones are off.

To do it in Sentinal, you hit the Edit, then Edit Service Types tab

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Now I follow you. I didn't understand your first answer. I've made the adjustments in the scanner and I'll see how that works. If I have more issues I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Great. If you dont change it in sentinal, it will override the scanner next time you upload the list, so when you get it where you want it, copy the settings from the scanner into sentinal and you should be good to go.

freqs

I am thinking of getting one let us know how it does .I live in Macomb and have a Simulcast System here as well I heard it does way better for that system than my Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.